Is This okay to do?

Electric shavers has placed several that way in my area.

Correct that they do have to be approved separately in order to be counted as finds on the web site.

BTW desopite ES recent bad rep in the forums, I can vouch that his caches are real (at least the several that I and my brother-in-law have found).

"Freedom is a two-way street."

GDAE, Dave

I think it depends on the locations of your micros. If they're all bunched together in the same area of the same park, don't be surprised if you're asked why it wasn't submitted as a multicache. Why submit 6 caches when one will do? On the other hand, if each cache stands on its own merits, like they are in totally different parts of the park or scattered in 3 parks on the same side of town, then they really are separate caches. I've seen both types and they are fun regardless of the number of smilies you get.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Next time, instead of getting married, I think I'll just find a woman I don't like and buy her a house.

I think as long as each cache had at least a log book, you could do it. I don't think it's really a multi though if you get a find for every leg. Maybe just more of a series. Hmm... I can tell you I'd hunt for it, and I'm sure all other players would too.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Because now I am Lost.

quote:
Originally posted by wilywampa:

that sounds like an okay idea, but someone around here did something much more elaborate...

he set up four caches, each of which would have been awesome caches alone, and placed in each a clue. combining these four clues leads to the location at which the coordinates for the final fifth cache were posted

A cacher did that here as well. 4 caches (None are easy caches either) contained clues to a final cache that required solving a difficult puzzle using the clues. He also listed one cache with all of the clues in it (I beleive it's rather difficult in itself). The final cache also involves over 2 miles of hiking after solving the puzzle/problems.

It's been done in the past - I don't know if it's still allowed but I don't see why it wouldn't be allowed.

southdeltan

"Man can counterfeit everything except silence". - William Faulkner

I agree totally with Leprechauns. If they are in the same park then you will be asked why you have not done a multi-cache. As it says in the guidelines:

quote:
The approvers use a policy that caches placed within .10 miles of another cache will not be listed on the site. This is an arbitrary distance and is just a guideline, but the ultimate goal is to reduce the number of caches hidden in a particular area.

On the same note, don't go cache crazy and hide 10 caches because you can. If you want to create a series of caches, create a multicache.

Why hide two caches when one will do?

Just keep these things in mind. If they are indeed spread out and all have logbooks and some trade items then I guess you could do it. If they are just film canisters with a scroll log it seems like you are just giving cachers a way to run up the numbers a bit. If they all have clues to lead to a final cache... well, isn't that a multi-cache?

mtn-man... admin brick mason 19490_2600.gif

What came to my mind initially was that to get to the final cache, you had to have clues from the others. My question is does the final cache need to be approved as well? And if it is, then does it get listed on the cache pages like the other caches that lead up to the final one? I have seen one that the posted coordinates did not go to the cache itself but a general area. It was a puzzle cache and you had t ogo to certain coordinates and get clues, but they were not containers at each clue and you didn't get a find for each place where there was a clue either.

Brian

www.woodsters.com

pumpkinlights.gif

I live in a valley with two towns side by side...I was thinking of 6 micros (Altoids with Log book and small trade items and part of the Lat and Long for the big cache) divide them up between the towns and place them near local land marks...The final cache would be a little harder to get to...I just came back from San Diego and did 7 Altoid-like micros...they were totally different then the regular caches I was used to...They have thier own set of difficulties i.e. There were Muggles all around, they were well hidden etc...That is why I want to try this around here. smile.gif