Has anyone tried a FLYING cache ?

Captain Leno

quote:
Originally posted by Captain Leno:

I fly a Powered Parachute...

Wonder if anyone has tried a Cache that requires a personal Aircraft ?http://www.geocities.com/lenopamhttp://www.robocaproadrag.com/cap01.jpg

Or that I will. But I read a log in some cache, in one of the southern Atlantic states, where the guy parahcuted in. I'll try to locate that one for you, and post it here.

Cache you later,

Planet

Two Wrongs Don't Make A Right, But Three Lefts Do.

I can't even remember what state it was in or why I even found the log, must have been something in the forums that linked me to that cache page, but I can't find it right now. So I can't help you at this time. If I run across it again I'll tell you. Maybe someone else out there knows the cache I'm talking about. It involves a cache in water, a cliff, needing ropes, and someone who said he parachuted in, and it was near the east coast states somewhere. But other cachers did not describe having a hard time, so maybe there were several approaches to this cache. I don't know. All I do know is I ain't flyin' in!

Cache you later,

Planet

Two Wrongs Don't Make A Right, But Three Lefts Do.

[This message was edited by Planet on November 23, 2002 at 03:26 PM.]

I was watching TLC or Discovery Channel or something the other day, and they were showing these folks in the middle of nowhere - base jumping into this giant hole in the ground. I wasn't awake enough to catch the name or location, but it is this huge cave/hole/whatever - people jump in, then get pullied back out. I was hoping one of them would place a cache there. icon_smile.gif

flag.gif

The NEW Toe Pages

edit: I think it was this place.

This cache is a virtual that does require being more than 500 and less than 1000 feet off the ground.

We're not far from it and when it first came out it drove me nuts. One of the guys in upper management at my office is a pilot. Since I'm not in management, I never got the guts to ask him if he'd be interested in flying me over this spot so I could take a picture of it with my GPS.

smile02.gif If ignorance is bliss, why aren't there more happy people??

icon_geocachingwa.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Rubbertoe:

I was watching TLC or Discovery Channel or something the other day, and they were showing these folks in the middle of nowhere - base jumping into this giant hole in the ground. I wasn't awake enough to catch the name or location, but it is this huge cave/hole/whatever - people jump in, then get pullied back out. I was hoping one of them would place a cache there. icon_smile.gif

I saw that one too - the "Cave of the Swallows" or something like that, in Mexico. I got dizzy just watching the guys lean over the edge to look in... It was pretty cool to watch all of the birds come circling out of the cave mouth (it would have gotten real interesting if one of the guys jumped when the birds were flying...)

----

When in doubt, poke it with a stick.

Great.

First you single handidly give thousands of geocachers eyestrain, as we are now required to look at innocent stumps with all the care of a Hollywood prenup. Now you want us to break out the rubber hose everytime a bird hovers a little too long in one place.

Ah hell, if I can't find something in Berkeley that will help me float up to your cache then I don't deserve the find in the first place.

You know...

That stump idea really did take off....

I have had thousands of e-mails asking me to actually send a KIT to make those things...

I have not really had the time lately to go looking for too many caches.

So yesterday, I decide to set out to find 2 that where close to my location.

I could not find either one of them...

I have come to the conclusion, for me, hiding the things, and comming up with way's to hide them, is probably the "Fun" part of this hobby for me...

And by the way...

I am flattered by the response of the "Instant Stump" yes I was the brainchild behind that idea, but the fun of the stump is actually taking the time to build it yourself, being creative, and making it on your own...

Maybe I should put that little website back together and let all the new folks enjoy it too....