Markwelled Messages

Centaur

quote:
Originally posted by Markwell:

http://opentopic.Groundspeak.com/0/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=1750973553&f=3000917383&m=9120952735#4850962735.

BTW, notice that Markwelling RARELY shows the url in the link.

http://www.markwell.us

http://www.chicagogeocaching.com

"Therapy is expensive but bubble wrap is free."

The post you refer to came about from a discussion in the IRC chatroom. There are a few other early developmental references to the term as well:

here is of of them.

I'm also pretty sure Chobe or someone (maybe me) used it way back too, but I'm not good enough to be able to Markwell it.

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

quote:
I'm also pretty sure Chobe or someone (maybe me) used it way back too, but I'm not good enough to be able to Markwell it.

Mopar,

It was during a discussion with you on IRC that I first used the term "Markwell." I can't remember if we were in pc or open in the room, but I do recall that we were pretty much the only people talking that night.

Of course, if I had logged the chat and could prove it, I would attach some "terms of use" guidelines to the word "Markwell," copyright it, and legally force the actual "Markwell" to change his name. I would also insist that "Maxwell House Coffee" is spelled so closely that they are infringing on my copyright and force them to change their name to "Industrially Processed Rat Dropping House Coffee."

Heck, who'd know the difference?

Bret

quote:

BTW, notice that Markwelling RARELY shows the url in the link.

This is one of the many distinctions that separate the Bandwidth-minded, helpful Markwell-ian from the loutish and annoying Archivist.

Bret

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again." Mt. 13:44

quote:
Originally posted by CYBret:

Mopar,

It was during a discussion with you on IRC that I first used the term "Markwell." I can't remember if we were in pc or open in the room, but I do recall that we were pretty much the only people talking that night.

Of course, if I had logged the chat and could prove it, I would attach some "terms of use" guidelines to the word "Markwell," copyright it, and legally force the actual "Markwell" to change his name.

Bret

Well, I actually DO have the log of that chat somewhere, I'm just pointing out that the term did not actually come about that night. It actually goes back at least 6 months, and I'm FAIRLY certain it was even used in the forums. I'm packing for my trip to Florida, or I might be willing to search the 1000's of threads that mention the word "Markwell" in them to find one. icon_smile.gif

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.