Forum Flatulence

Geofool

Flatulence as in pages don't load, loading takes forever, and the entire process seems to come to a grinding halt?

Yes, I've noticed. Had a hell of a time even getting logged in and posting this.

Ofen I blame it on my ISP, crappy phone line, and dial-up connection. But it's a consistent problem with this website when other sites are working fine. Especially the last couple of days. More specifically, it's the ubbx.Groundspeak.com site, not Geocaching.com.

I suspect a crappy server/connection on server end. Hope they fix it soon.

-Bob

I have been noticing it at times. I have not yet been able to correlate it to "time of day" (e.g. everybody gets home at 6 PM and checks the forums at the same time) or any other common slashdot effect. I'm sure some of the recent 1000+ views in <24 hr threads (missing child, pirate, etc) have been part of the problem.

The best thing to do would be if you're noticing the slowdown but other websites load in times of what you would normally expect for your connection (I like to use google.com for a test)...then it would help the server out if you didn't try to use the forum for 20-30 minutes and then tried again.

I find this also helps me get things done... icon_wink.gif

--

http://www.nedevett.com/gollum.swf