Admin

I don't. But, if I did I would first need to find the patience of a saint, the back of a duck, so things could slide off, I would need all the time in the world, I'd have to give up any free time I did have, to spend it reading all the pages that came in, and plan to stay home after every article on geocaching is published to handle the newbies that come in. I would need a permanently positive attitude to handle all the B****ing about the ones that don't get approved, because they were not following the guidelines, and I would be prepared to lose a few friends who can't understand the guidelines. I'd probably have to give up all my extra geocaching time too. And that would stink. So don't look at me to take that overworked and underpaid labor of love. But if you really really want it you speak to folks at Groundspeak. Namely, Jeremy. And be prepared to qualify.

Cache you later,

Planet

So many caches, so little time.

As you can tell most of the rescent Admin are using sock puppet accounts just for the reasons planet spoke of. There are however others that are trying to find out who they are to be able to unveal them for whatever reasons.

To become an admin it appears that you either have to be apointed, drafted, or ask to be one.

They do a very thankless job, but I for one thank them ( BIG HUG )

keep your socks on and cache more

quote:
Originally posted by Sock Puppet:

As you can tell most of the rescent Admin are using sock puppet accounts just for the reasons planet spoke of. There are however others that are trying to find out who they are to be able to unveal them for whatever reasons.

To become an admin it appears that you either have to be apointed, drafted, or ask to be one.

They do a very thankless job, but I for one thank them ( BIG HUG )

keep your socks on and cache more

Jeremy, is that you? icon_razz.gif

migo_sig_logo.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________

Caching without a clue....

quote:
Originally posted by Planet:

I don't. But, if I did I would first need to find the patience of a saint, the back of a duck, so things could slide off, I would need all the time in the world, I'd have to give up any free time I did have, to spend it reading all the pages that came in, and plan to stay home after every article on geocaching is published to handle the newbies that come in. I would need a permanently positive attitude to handle all the B****ing about the ones that don't get approved, because they were not following the guidelines, and I would be prepared to lose a few friends who can't understand the guidelines. I'd probably have to give up all my extra geocaching time too. And that would stink. So don't look at me to take that overworked and underpaid labor of love. But if you really really want it you speak to folks at Groundspeak. Namely, Jeremy. And be prepared to qualify.

Thanks for mentioning all the good parts about the job, Planet.

Nicely said Planet.

You did forget about the possible death threats from some certain NY cachers that you might be exposed to. icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif dboggny didn't throw me off the Brooklyn bridge this time either (but I didn't go near it with him to give him the chance to icon_wink.gif ). You didn't even beat me up when we went caching together this weekend. I had fun once again with you, sr and dboggny, Ttepee, IV_Warrior, ClayJar, Hydee, Rothstafari and their caching buddy. What a crowd we were!

I'm just kidding about the death threats...

right db, right... you were kidding right? icon_biggrin.gif