GPS Pub Crawl

Well you set up a meeting point, at a pub. Have a drink or two. A the starting point you'll find the coordinats for the next location... another pub in you area. Once there you have another drink or two. At each location you get the coordinats for next location. If you make it to the last location there you'll find your prize. I thought it would be a good way to get out and meet some fellow geocachers and get a buzz on. I know that ther are some cachers in my area but I have yet to meet them. This would probably work better in a city. Lots of people and the pubs would be a little closer together. Hope that explains it for you.

A friend of mine used to participate in one every year in the fells Point 'hood in Baltimore, MD. No need for GPS there; there are 4-5 bars per block on the smaller ones. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

These changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes;

Nothing remains quite the same.

Through all of the islands and all of the highlands,

If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane

quote:
Originally posted by wimseyguy:

A friend of mine used to participate in one every year in the fells Point 'hood in Baltimore, MD. No need for GPS there; there are 4-5 bars per block on the smaller ones. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

I read the first post in this thread and my first thought was of the many nights doing made up as we went along pub crawls in Fells Point. Many times it was really a crawl. Have also spent a few doing them from a limo. Not nearly as much fun. You are correct about bar density. There would not be a need for a GPS but it is unlikely one would even have the ability to read one as the evening went along. That is "the" place to do any kind of serious partying. Always a fun time with plenty of laughs.

I love a good beer or two. Sounds like fun! This would be good dwon in Portland area...lots of pubs down there. I personally haven't tried any down there, but have friends who live in the area. Drawback is afterwards...who's the designated driver??? Probably should be one for the duration of the event to drive all the drunk geocachers around. We don't need to put a bad name to our sport by having a DUI incident.

I have a friend that would do this for his birthday, without the GPS of course. But he would, on his birthday, go on the Mikey's Mile Walk, which was a mile in length, giive or take a few stumbling steps outside the straight line, and go from pub to pub to have a drink or two at each. All told there were half a dozen pubs on the mile walk.

Lets set that up!! If you guys/girls are interrested that would be sooo fun...I live in the Baltimore/DC area but you know what, i dont mind driving. Id drive as far as ohio, etc to go to one if you guys had a lot of people meeting somewhere. you have my vote, lets try and set something up in the next month. though not this weekend or next weekend. im out of town. icon_smile.gif

max