GPSV tip....

jollybgood

Here's something kewl and useful you can do with your GPSV.

I have problems seeing the iddy bitty "+" and "-" symbols on the side of my battery compartment.

I took a yellow crayon and rubbed it across each symbol. Then took a tissue and wiped away the excess. The result is that that symbols now scream out at you. No more squinting or quessing which way the batteries go.

Just thought I'd pass it along.

Jolly R. Blackburn

http://kenzerco.com

"Never declare war on a man who buys his ink by the gallon."

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but...

From Page 48 of the GPS V User Manual:

quote:
Do not operate your receiver in close proximity to candles, crayons or other wax-based products.Doing so will disable the functionality of WAAS differential corrections for your receiver. These products interfere with the receiver's ability to make WAAS signal corrections, just as excessive ear wax prevents you from telling exactly which direction a sound is coming from.For further information, see "WARRANTY - ACTIONS VOIDING WARRANTY"in Appendix E to this Manual. 

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Next time, instead of getting married, I think I'll just find a woman I don't like and buy her a house.

quote:
Originally posted by The Leprechauns:

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but...

From Page 48 of the GPS V User Manual:

quote:
Do not operate your receiver in close proximity to candles, crayons or other wax-based products.Doing so will disable the functionality of WAAS differential corrections for your receiver. These products interfere with the receiver's ability to make WAAS signal corrections, just as excessive ear wax prevents you from telling exactly which direction a sound is coming from.For further information, see "WARRANTY - ACTIONS VOIDING WARRANTY"in Appendix E to this Manual. 

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Next time, instead of getting married, I think I'll just find a woman I don't like and buy her a house.

LOL. You must have a DIFFERENT manual than mine.

Mine only mentions soy-based products.

Jolly R. Blackburn

http://kenzerco.com

"Never declare war on a man who buys his ink by the gallon."

quote:
Originally posted by dzavetsky:

Ok...quick poll -- how man of us were just about ready to pull out the manual to double check the candle wax thing was a joke, just in case??

(Guilty as charged)

DZ

quote:
Originally posted by Bender:

Mine says keep away from pork.

Bender

Searching, for the lost Xanadu

Not me! I already found out that putting the batteries in upsidedown didn't hurt it icon_smile.gif

Bill