Best place to buy a GPS

NWMOhunter

I'm now ready to buy a new Magellan Meridian and I'm looking for the best place to get a unit. Should I look on eBay or other online stores? The local Wal-Mart wants $198 for one and I know I can do better on that price. I'm not sure of all the places so maybe people could post up some shops where I can look and compare prices.

Thanks!

I just purchased my Magellan Meridian Green from outpost.com which is the Online store for Fry's electronics. I ordered it Monday and they delivered in yesterday! It comes with the data cable, 2 enegizer batteries, a quick start guide, and the comprehensize manual on CD. So far it seems perfect and it was 119.99 plus my state tax(Ohio) and 5.95 shipping. Only had it one day but am very pleased! icon_biggrin.gif I would do business with fry's again!

At least give Off Route.com a look. The have prices that are inline with other internet sources and a real plus is a portion of the money goes to help support Geocaching.com. I just got a gps from them and have nothing but praise for the prices and service. Besides Geocaching.com recommends and supports them.

sidwinder

LOST AND FOUND DEPT.

I would highly suggest that you steer clear of E-bay... I thought that I would save some money buying my gps V from ebay and I got burned. The seller had great feedback and seemed reputable untill I sent the money order and never heard form the guy again. If you are stuck buying from ebay then I suggest using a escrow service. the other drawback to ebay is that you have to wait longer to get your gps. And that is precious time you could be geocaching.

copcar15.gif

It's unfair to slam eBay because a seller (apparently) turned bad. I bought my GPS V through eBay at a very good price and without any hassles. The key is to do proper research and be wise in how you pay. I always use PayPal. I've purchased over $2000 in merchandise through eBay and have not been burned yet.

Worldtraveler

I just got a Garmin 72 from gpsnow.com Everyone else had it for 159.99. GPSnow.comhad it for 149.90 shipping included. It did take 3 days to get here, but that was because I selected the USPS Priority Service delivery. Normally Priority mail is 2-3 days. No one that I saw had it cheaper and it is new so it was still in it's original wrapping.

kc

row, row, row your boat

I'm sure glad I posted this up. It looks like Heartland America has the best deal. If you just want the unit then the other places are good, but I'm wanting all that other stuff they throw in for free so I'd sure like to go with that. I'll wait for the extra $50 from Magellan.

Thanks a million guys!

quote:
Originally posted by NWMOoutdoorsman:

I'm sure glad I posted this up. It looks like Heartland America has the best deal. If you just want the unit then the other places are good, but I'm wanting all that other stuff they throw in for free so I'd sure like to go with that. I'll wait for the extra $50 from Magellan.

Thanks a million guys!

Your welcome, icon_biggrin.gif

I'm not Lost, my GPS says I'm right here....no over here......no over here.

quote:
I can highly recommend GPSCity.com. They carry actual Geocaching.com gear and they'll price match, too.

www.gpscity.com does appear to have some nice stuff, but I couln't find any mention of price matching. I would rather order from a store already displaying the lower price (by $104 on the Color) that struggle with ordering the calling for a lower price.

But, that is just me. Each to his/her own.

I doubt there is any one "best place" to find every unit. I just shop all the alternatives, the order from the lowest that I feel comfortable ordering from.

DustyJacket

...If life was fair, a banana split would cure cancer.

quote:
Originally posted by NWMOoutdoorsman:

I'm now ready to buy a new Magellan Meridian and I'm looking for the best place to get a unit. Should I look on eBay or other online stores? The local Wal-Mart wants $198 for one and I know I can do better on that price. I'm not sure of all the places so maybe people could post up some shops where I can look and compare prices.

Thanks!

I've ordered two GPS units from www.tvnav.com and been very pleased with both price and service. They were really great about answering questions about various units via email. Heck, they were even super friendly on the phone!

icon_geocachingwa.gif