Card reader question

Does anyone know if you can find a card reader that reads SmartMedia cards, SecureDigital cards AND xD cards?

My current reader reads only the SmartMedia cards (which my old digital camera uses). I thought it read SD, but it doesn't. Now I'm getting the Meridian Platinum and want to get a SD reader. But I will also be buying a new Olympus digital camera in the next few months, and want to be able to have a reader for the xD cards it uses.

Is there one reader that will do all? I've seen the 6 in 1 readers on ebay, but they don't list xD cards. Does anyone know?

"I took the road less travelled by, and that has made all the difference"

quote:
Originally posted by General Bracket:

https://emporium.olympus.com/innards/empProdDetails.asp?sku=200830

I think this is as close as you'll get. Fuji makes a similar one.

Please note that this unit DOES NOT read SD cards.

EDIT...I found a reader from Lexar that will read CompactFlash(I & II), SmartMedia, Memory Stick & Memory Stick Pro, MMC, SD and xD

homer.gif

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand."

[This message was edited by Stunod on May 23, 2003 at 01:16 PM.]

RK... xD is a new one from Fuji, I think. Olympus and Fuji have both begun using xD in their digicams.

I considered an Olympus cam until I saw that. I'm not gonna get myself into proprietary memory cards. xD memory is about twice as expensive as compact flash.

Jamie

quote:
Originally posted by Life Journey:

Does anyone know if you can find a card reader that reads SmartMedia cards, SecureDigital cards AND xD cards? ...

My laptop card (a "6" in 1) reads all the above except xD. I think there is an adapter that adapts the xD to a one of the other cards, however.

Note: The "6" in 1 readers count the hardware identical cards SD & the like separately to get the number "6". They really only adapt for 4 sizes.

Thanks everyone! I found the Lexar this weekend at Target for $38 - a little pricey, but at least it will do everything I need, and it's small and light, so I can use it instead of my zip drive to transport files on SD back and forth from work.

"I took the road less travelled by, and that has made all the difference"