new MapSend Topo?

The word was that sometime in April was to be the release. Although I haven't heard of any change to it, I would take that time frame with a grain of salt...I'm cautiously optimistic, but I wouldn't be surprised if it got pushed back.

Max

Often wrong but seldom in doubt

I wondered why the software was SO difficult to find all of a sudden, and offering a rebate, too. I had an on-line store (who had the software in stock) tell me to wait about a month, at which time I could get the anticipated updated version. Needless to say, if this really happens, as they (and I) believe, they will be getting all my business in the future.

John C. Haley

It took me 2 tries because the first was corrupted, also.

Disable your E-mail and anything else that accesses the Internet, then start the download and walk away from the PC. Don't access the Internet when you are downloading it.

(I wonder if some cable modems get confused.)

DustyJacket

Not all those that wander are lost. But in my case... icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by DustyJacket:

It took me 2 tries because the first was corrupted, also.

So, what did it update? Any interesting details? Is there a readme file that came with it that details the changes?

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

quote:
Originally posted by Marky

So, what did it update? Any interesting details? Is there a readme file that came with it that details the changes?

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

It adds the ability to write the map file to your hard drive or an SD card reader/writer. There is also an animated route simulator where you can see your position move along the route.

homer.gif

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand."