Garmin firmware updates online today

shegget

I was scrounging around this morning and figured I would mention that Garmin posted firmware updates for several models today...

I just updated my 76S and it went painlessly. Just go to the Garmin page and look for your model, click on 'Software Updates'...

I found it nice that the update made my GPSMAP 76S able to store 1000 waypoints now instead of 500 (however i'd be suprised if i even hit 500 icon_smile.gif

Just nice to see a company adding functionality in its updates for free...

Rog! Got It. I downloaded the 3.1 upgrade for my Etrex Vista a couple days ago. Think it was the 9th of Feb. I didn't know about the upgrades until I was in the States and went to 'gathering' in Florida. I was filled with lots of information that I wasn't aware of icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif. There are bonuses to meeting up with folks in this sport. icon_wink.gif

Erawan

quote:
Originally posted by SIDEWINDER:

Did you download the 3.02 beta version ?

sidewinder

LOST AND FOUND DEPT.

Nope... the version is 3.10.

If you look in the "GPSMAP76S_310.txt" you will see that Garmin didn't update the version in the text doc correctly, but the version reported by the GPS (and on the download site) is 3.10.

sean

Thanks for the heads up on the update. I had been checking on a regular basis for so long waiting for the 3.02 beta to become official that I had given up and hadn't checked for awhile. Did the download and everything went fine and it didn't even wipe my sattalite almanac like it did when I did the update from the 2.01 to the 3.02 beta. Thanks again

sidewinder

LOST AND FOUND DEPT.