where to buy garmin

there are so many moans and groans out there today about suppliers of equipment, i thought it would make a nice change to praise someone instead. i must stress there is no gain to me as the person concerned does`nt even know about this letter. i know it may look like an advert but i can assure you its not. in a nutshell, if you are after a garmin gps this is the only place to go. its called gps 4 less and is a very reputable firm , and the main one to take praise is david harrison. i got to know him on the net about 8 months ago but never met him in person. i studied the market about six months before buying and phoned him many times with different questions , in the end i felt awkward ringing him so much with what i now know to be silly questions . but nothing ever phased him and he allways done his best to put me right. in the end i was expecting him to say is`nt it about time you bought an instrument from me. he never seems in a rush to get rid of you and is allways very polite. the best bit off all is his prices , i reckon he`s the best in britain and also no postage. i have done two deals with him and could not wish for better service . last example, an e trex vista deluxe in my nearest city cardiff cost £485-00 where as with gps4less it was under £340-00 . this buisness deserves to do well. if you have any doubts about all this give him a ring and i think you will land up a customer. all for now ken, "the cacheman

k. j. picton

GPSnow.com was the best place for me. Watch for them every so often. A word of advice though, Garmin does not allow published prices below a certain amount on each of their products. So if you go to GPSnow.com to get your realy price you have to add the product to your "Cart" and that is when you will see the best prices. I got my E-Trex Vista a year ago for $245.00 and that included the handle bar mount, PC Cable, External Power Source and the Lanyard.

Murph

If you have the patience to wait for the best deal, you can usually get really good deals on ebay. If you want something RIGHT NOW and still want a good deal, I have recently had a good experience with GPSnow.com. I bought a 76s for only 1-2% above what I saw them selling for on ebay. I placed my order at 3pm and they shipped it the same day. They only charged $10 for 2nd day FedEx, which is what most ebay sellers were quoting for regular ground.

I bought my GPS V from http://www.gpsnow.com after asking a couple questions and getting prompt and accurate responses. They also had the most competitive prices at the time (and I did a lot of comparing).

Also, from time to time, Amazon has pricing on units that are lower then you can find elsewhere, but in a day or two, they increase the price on the units, so it's a crap shoot.

Amazon.com has some seriously good prices! The etrex yellow is $99. The etrex legend is $169.00. The etrex venture is $129.00, and shipping is free on all GPS units.

The only one I found overpriced is the Etrex Vista. It's $300, but amazon can change their price if you find a lower price somewhere else. Pretty cool.

The customer service is awesome, returns are easy and reliable, and shipping is dependable.

Using Opera 7.1