Its not far in GPS miles!

adrianjohn

After completing my find at Spurn Head (GC25B9), the original cache was vandalised hence a re-visit was required, I turned to go home. While driving I began to contemplate the distance home, about 10.5 miles by the GPS but a little over 60 miles by road.

Does anyone else have a cache so close to home where the distance is so small but so far to drive?

Lots and lots.

Most of the caches near our house by GPS or search engine, that is less than 5 miles away, 80% of these are 1.5 hour drive of about 50- 70 miles. then there are a few on the Isle of Wight that ned an expensive ferry crossing.

(Not including our own caches)

Tech-no notice

Everytime I look at my cache page I see Nia has placed a new cache just 4 miles from my home....problem is that the drive to Nialand is about 30plus miles so I grit my teeth and promise myself a few days to wipe out all the New Forest caches icon_smile.gif

Problem is that Steve places them so quickly, I will need to go almost weekly.

(Ijust noticed that you can see the problem that Nia and I have if you look at my Avatar, my boat is the red dot)

I woke this morning and my boat was not rocking...for one horrid moment I thought I lived in a house!

quote:
Originally posted by Team Galaxy:

Merman, may we call you Ethel?

(Has that joke been done?)

No, you can claim first finder on that joke. icon_wink.gif

Nia, that was my plan as soon as I get the work finished that I am currently undertaking. icon_smile.gif

I woke this morning and my boat was not rocking...for one horrid moment I thought I lived in a house!