Revisiting a cache

I know there are no hard and fast rules concerning travel bugs but! what if you come in possesion of a travel bug whoose target goal is to get to a cache that you have already visited or is put in a cache you have already visited and you are possibally the only person in a 100 mile area the is an active cacher and can help the bug on its way. Should you leave it and hope that a travelling cacher finds it and risk the bug being stuck for a long time. Or in the other situation should I place the bug in a new cache which I will place that will be closer to the target of the bug. I am maybe going to end up in this situation in the next while and am not sure what poeople think about such things. Is this politically correct game play or not. opinions please

Hear about the 2 blondes that walked into a bar?

You would of thought at least one of them would of seen it!!

We've revisted loads of caches and it doesn't bother us

The only thing i would say is that if you do re-visit then log it as a note and not a find

Michael aka 1/2 of Team Blitz

Wqablz-xqxw tdqml kwfwm twjowcl di klelqklqok ejw hepw gt dm lbw ktdl!

26 27.75 34.2(recuring) 41.09275 480.048 55.027777777(carrys on!) 62.01749271

I'm fairly new to geocaching (only 14 finds as yet) but I've been back to caches 4 times. Twice to get "Where's George" information from dollar bills which people from the States had left and forgotten to record properly, once to start off a travel bug of my own, and once to introduce my ten year old great-nephew to geocaching. Each time I've posted the visit as a "note" not a "find".

I've only placed one cache of my own so far, but I'd be quite happy for people to go back to it if they had a reason to.

quote:
Originally posted by el10t:

quote:
Originally posted by lathama:

I just don't see the point or the challenge.

I think the point is to move on, or to pick up, a travel bug. If you're doing this then perhaps the lack of challenge is not an issue - you still have a goal.

Rich

_mobilis in mobili_

I agree with Rich on this,I will have to re-visit a cache 40 miles away to pick up a travel bug that I left months ago, as yet no one else has been able to find the cache Since I made a find log on it. So for the benifit of the travel bug owner I will pick it up and post a note on the cache page, The area where the cache is hidden is up in the Kielder forest area and will be a swamp this time of year, But free from the very large

bluebottle size midges that lie in wait for the unsuspecting Geocacher.

So as Rich says this is a goal in itself

Nige

quote:
Originally posted by lathama:

quote:
the point is to move on, or to pick up, a travel bug

the way i look at it is that if a TB goes into a cache after i have been, well hard cheese i missed it!

I wouldn't even remove a TB from my own cache icon_smile.gif

I recently picked up lathama's TB from the BrumBugHotel (our cache) along with three other long term squatters. They were all deposited at the Heathrow Bug Hotel (our cache) which gets much more traffic. One of the three has already moved on.

At the time lathama was pleased that "Grey Knight" had moved on.

We would always move bugs from our caches if they are squatters but always show such visits as "notes".

Dave

quote:
At the time lathama was pleased that "Grey Knight" had moved on

Well who wouldn't be pleased if their TB moved???

I am only saying that i would not go to one of my caches and remove anything from it (even a T&J bear).

If i miss something, i miss it there is no point going back for it cause i may find it in another part of the country in the future.