Eithe I'm a really sad man, or this is a good idea...

I maintain a file of all caches within 50 miles of home that we haven't yet visitied. This currently stands at some 221 caches. This is easily kept up to date by adding the new caches every week when I get my notification mail on a Thursday. This got me thinking...

1: With 221 to go in the area I'd best get cracking

2: Am I way too sad with way too much time on my hands?

3: Does anybody else do this?

Finally this gave me an idea... there must be a website where people exchange such files. Well... I searched and searches and just could not find. So if there isn't a place for this I figure we need one. It would be so much easier for me to send a couple of hundred waypoints to my GPS before making a trip to the other end of the country. I would be willing to cover the area I do now, which would include Greater Manchester, Peak District, most of Lancashire, Cheshire and Derbyshire... with a sizeable chunk of southern Yorkshires thrown in. It wouldn't take too many people keeping a file on a site for us to cover the whole of the country... but I guess lots of "50 miles around..." would be more useful.

Anybody think this is a good idea? If so, anybody want to help?

quote:
Originally posted by NattyBooshka:

I maintain a file of all caches within 50 miles of home that we haven't yet visitied.

<SNIP>

Finally this gave me an idea... there must be a website where people exchange such files.

A question... Why would anyone else want a list of caches that you've not visited?

You can get a download of all caches within any distance of anywhere from the G:UK website. There's really no need for anyone else to keep a list.

John

Age and treachery will always triumph over youth and ability icon_wink.gif

Well I maintain a Garmin MPS file and an EasyGPS file on my website that contains all the caches I have completed. You can download them and see just how many I have actually done!!

That is not only sad but egotistical as well ( I thought I would get that in before anybody else does).

Chris

LASSITUDE- (noun) Tiredness and apathy: a state of weariness accompanied by listlessness or apathy[15th century. Via French from Latin lassitudo , from lassus 'weary'.]

Hmm, I'm even worse....

- I maintian a Mapsource file of all teh caches I have done, which includes not only the locations of the "normal" caches, but also the locations of all the parts of multi-caches, plus the final co-ordinates of multis and puzzle caches.

- I take photos of every cache I do, and these go in a separate folder on my hard drive, one for each cache, labelled by name...

Then I do practically the same for all the trigpoints I do as well....

Call me nerd if you like..

No trees were harmed during the production of this posting, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced....