Wherigo Apps!

Reno8

Just curious what apps other cachers use to do Wherigo's? After updating to IOS 17:4:1 I can't get the Groundspeak Wherigo App to communicate with Geocaching. I click "agree" to give permission to share info and nothing happens. Anybody else having any issues?

Thanks

This thread prompted me to check the WhereYouGo app for Droid. It crashes every time it tries to start.

Apparently I haven't done a Wherigo in three years. Hadn't realized it had been so long. Good ALs pretty much filled the role of Wherigos.

2 hours ago, JL_HSTRE said:

This thread prompted me to check the WhereYouGo app for Droid. It crashes every time it tries to start.

Apparently I haven't done a Wherigo in three years. Hadn't realized it had been so long. Good ALs pretty much filled the role of Wherigos.

The Wherigo player in Geooh GO for Android works just fine. 

• Helpful 1

Apple iPhone 14..... working ok for me.

There are two official apps. The original one from years back: has a white border and a dark blue center. And a new one:  light blue border and white center. 

I opened the new one and was able to download a new cartridge without an issue. I didn't try the old one.

11 hours ago, SpiritGuide said:

The Wherigo player in Geooh GO for Android works just fine. 

Good to know, but it looks like this a paid app. It seems there are no longer any free Wherigo apps for Droid.

Groundspeak really needs to either properly support Wherigo or discontinue it. As it is it almost seems like they've forgotten it exists.

• Upvote 1
15 hours ago, igator210 said:

Apple iPhone 14..... working ok for me.

There are two official apps. The original one from years back: has a white border and a dark blue center. And a new one:  light blue border and white center. 

I opened the new one and was able to download a new cartridge without an issue. I didn't try the old one.

Are you currently on IOS 17:4:1? It wasn’t a problem until I updated to that IOS

12 hours ago, JL_HSTRE said:

Good to know, but it looks like this a paid app. It seems there are no longer any free Wherigo apps for Droid.

Groundspeak really needs to either properly support Wherigo or discontinue it. As it is it almost seems like they've forgotten it exists.

Groundspeak never had an Android Wherigo app, only iOS. The WhereYouGo developer gave up on the "free" app because free wasn't worth the effort to put into it.

I've used WhereYouGo on Android recently and worked OK, took a bit of fiddling with the location where you save the cartridges, and as OP said the sharing with geocaching can be flaky.

App version 2023.02.22 on Android 13.

I'm planning on going on vacation soon and there are a bunch of Wherigo's there but unfortunately it doesn't look like GS is in any hurry to update their Wherigo Player. Does anybody else use a different Wherigo Player for IOS?