Profile-geocaches owned shows all geocaches in the world

peter-tvm

When I try to see the owned caches of a user the result is all geocaches in the world instead of the ones owned by the profile in seeing. 

All geocaches - all in the world

Traditional - all traditional in the world 

Multi - all multi in the world

An so on

This appears to be a system wide bug/feature as it seen on several browsers.

Chrome android mobile

Edge desktop

Opera android mobile

On 4/3/2024 at 4:33 PM, SnowstormMK said:

This is now fixed.

Thanks for the fix!

Confirming fixed.

Even for My Found Geocache, the map shows only the geocaches I have Found.

Just need to click "Search this area" to refresh the map after moving the map to another location in the world

On 4/5/2024 at 1:52 PM, Visyl said:

I obviously did not find 3 millions caches !

I'm sure this is a (maybe not completely intended) side effect that you and also @luckycharmer decided to hide your history of logged caches.

So currently for everybody who has hidden their log history the regular search for found caches will produce this weird output.

But why do you search for your own hides within the regular search? You should click on "Logs" (left side on the new dashboard) or on "Geocaches" (top of old dashboard). Both lead to this page: https://www.geocaching.com/my/geocaches.aspx

And while I'm here and already stated at another thread: I strongly oppose the decision of Groundspeak to let users hide their log history. :mad:

I like to see (and consider this as a fundamental basis of the collaborative nature of geocaching) what caches anybody has found in the past and what they have to say about that caches. Eg when I read a meaningful log on a cache which I also enjoyed I like to explore what other caches that user enjoyed.

Edited by Hynz
  • Upvote 1

Thank you.  That was the problem though. 

I did not even know you could hide your history of found caches or why I would want to. 

But I have no idea how it got changed like that after 18 years of caching.

I prefer going through "my find" if I'm looking for the name of a mystery I found rather then the logs of maybe a hundred traditionals mixed in.

Edited by luckycharmer

Well, I don't care other geocachers to know the caches I found but I just don't want anybody to know where I am or what I did for my holidays. My friends can still see my found caches.

Like luckycharmerl, I just want to be able to look for a specific cache for some reason among the caches I found on MY account (Profile/ Geocaches/ Geocaches Found (All Geocache Finds)).

That lead us to a regular search with all caches in the world instead of the caches we found.

We don't have access to our own found caches anymore, that's kind of crazy in my opinion.

Edited by Visyl
18 hours ago, Visyl said:

We don't have access to our own found caches anymore, that's kind of crazy in my opinion.

As already written you just can click https://www.geocaching.com/my/geocaches.aspx and you can even decide what type of own logs (Found, DNF,....) you want to see. But admittedly you can't restrict on certain cache types as luckycharmer want to achieve.

22 hours ago, luckycharmer said:

Thank you.  That was the problem though. 

I did not even know you could hide your history of found caches or why I would want to. 

But I have no idea how it got changed like that after 18 years of caching.

That's scary....