Update coordinates in mystery cache on app

Yitzichok

Why is the geochecker feature not available in the app? 

Also, once I solve the puzzle on the website, why don't the coordinates update in the app?

And one more thing, after I solved the puzzle using geochecker on the website, the icon in the app changed from a question mark to a puzzle piece,  anyone know why? (see attached photo)Screenshot_20240322_180226_Geocaching.thumb.jpg.658887f7c2e5630d68366e1ec4c916c9.jpg

1 hour ago, Yitzichok said:

Also, once I solve the puzzle on the website, why don't the coordinates update in the app?

Try swiping down on the cache page in the app, which forces a refresh. If the cache has been previously opened in the app, everything is cached and doesn't refresh automatically.

1 hour ago, Yitzichok said:

And one more thing, after I solved the puzzle using geochecker on the website, the icon in the app changed from a question mark to a puzzle piece,  anyone know why? (see attached photo)

The puzzle piece indicates the geocache has solved coordinates. 

I even use this feature for my own puzzle and multi geocaches so they show on the map at the final location. 

I find it so odd that the official checker does not show up on the app! The other ones do. 

4 hours ago, Yitzichok said:

I find this so frustrating. Sure, ok, that's hard(ish) to code in...

But the thing that annoys me most is that they don't even show the checker attribute on the app! I often do simple puzzles on my phone and if I want to see to the checker, I have to open the website instead of just checking attributes. Oh well.

• Upvote 1
  • Surprised 1
On 3/22/2024 at 10:42 PM, The_Jumping_Pig said:

But the thing that annoys me most is that they don't even show the checker attribute on the app! I often do simple puzzles on my phone and if I want to see to the checker, I have to open the website instead of just checking attributes. Oh well.

...no?

IMG_2339.thumb.PNG.f9da9f6010c359d7702b7feb3eadb202.PNG

It would be nice if the app would add a line to the description if the checker was enabled, though. Cachly does it well.