How do you search for a geocache that has not been found to get a FTF

Coumpter

1 minute ago, RuideAlmeida said:

On the website, make a Search on any desired location, then order the results by Last Found and then again... hopefully there will be some caches without any Found It yet. ;)

Can a basic member do an advanced search?   Thanks.

I miss "Newest caches in your area" that used to be on our profile and used to be in the Regional Forums for our state.   

I'd refresh maybe every two hours, and the other 2/3rds was still the pain-in-the-can FTF monster in the area.   :laughing:

We became premium members just for Notifications, and with few benefits used, that pretty-much still holds today.

• Helpful 1

I'd wait a bit before getting your first FTF, maybe get 100 finds? Seeing the caching in your area, and that 7 people found your geocache within a day of posting -- something that I'd dream about where I live, I would say that there's a pretty big geocaching community where you live. You need to be ready to get that notification, hop in your car immediately, and find a FTF -- something that can range from an LPH to a long hike in the woods.

• Upvote 3
  • Funny 1
  • Surprised 1
  • Helpful 1
On 3/20/2024 at 2:09 PM, The_Jumping_Pig said:

I'd wait a bit before getting your first FTF, maybe get 100 finds? Seeing the caching in your area, and that 7 people found your geocache within a day of posting -- something that I'd dream about where I live, I would say that there's a pretty big geocaching community where you live. You need to be ready to get that notification, hop in your car immediately, and find a FTF -- something that can range from an LPH to a long hike in the woods.

Why?  My very first geocache find was an FTF (9/31/2005).  Today the cache that I published had an FTF one hour and 8 minutes after it was published. My first cache hide was when I had less than 20 finds. It is still there and is the center of my geoart.

• Upvote 3

The quick secret way is to (if you're a premium member) create a Pocket Query and toggle the option for unfound caches.  Just save the PQ - you don't need to run it - and bookmark either the map preview or the result list preview. There's your list of still-unfound geocaches. With no date limit, you can locate geocaches that have gone years still unfound.

Powerful tool. Use it wisely. ;P

• Upvote 1
  • Funny 1
20 hours ago, tomfuller & Quill said:

Why?  My very first geocache find was an FTF (9/31/2005).  Today the cache that I published had an FTF one hour and 8 minutes after it was published. My first cache hide was when I had less than 20 finds. It is still there and is the center of my geoart.

Yep.  We were night shifters when we first started, and it was simple to head to caches early in the morning and got numerous FTF.

Locals found out by the "reigning FTF king", who B and moaned at events about those, "new kids interrupting the game!".  :laughing:

We received a lot of emails asking us to keep it up, as it finally got this guy knocked down a few pegs (and fun to watch him freak).  

Unfortunately (I'll call it peer pressure...) the other 2/3rds became a FTF monster, and we got notifications for her addiction.  :)

• Helpful 1