No notification mails at all from gc.com

DaTechniker

Since yesterday evening at ~2100 CET I do not get any mail notifications from geocaching.com.

Neither Bookmarks, nor Watchlist, not notification lists.

Mailserver and email address are working.

Is this a known issue, if yes, is there already a solution planned?

I've received dozens of emails from Geocaching.com in this time period, so it is possible that the problem is on your end.  Have you checked your spam folder?  Who is your email provider?

If others are missing emails they expected to receive, please post details including the email provider (Gmail, etc.).

• Helpful 1
47 minutes ago, Keystone said:

I've received dozens of emails from Geocaching.com in this time period, so it is possible that the problem is on your end.  Have you checked your spam folder?  Who is your email provider?

If others are missing emails they expected to receive, please post details including the email provider (Gmail, etc.).

It's been a long time - asking users to investigate this with their providers usually requires that they supply the IP addresses of the mail server(s) that are sending the mail.  Might be time to re-publish these here.  I know several users contributed to this effort quite a long time back, but finding those messages, assuming that those IP addresses are even still current, would be a chore.  If you folks can provide them, it's a lot easier than a bunch of us looking up IP addresses on incoming emails to find them all.

A few I've noted lately:

Email notifications re caches and left messages

63.251.163.224 (mail01.Groundspeak.com)

63.251.163.225 (mail02.Groundspeak.com)

63.251.163.228 (mail03.Groundspeak.com)

etc?

Newsletters

156.70.151.216 (sparkpostmail.com)

156.70.151.217 (sparkpostmail.com)

On 3/3/2024 at 4:04 PM, Keystone said:

I’m getting messages from the message center, but nothing from notification services . They are set up to come to my phone as a text.

Carrier is AT&T. This happened a few years ago and HQ investigated the issue and got it corrected. My remote notifications are for “publish listing” types. Several of my caching friends are experiencing the same issue. They are also AT&T customers. We each have Florida phone numbers. Hoping this will help in the analysis 

On 3/3/2024 at 4:04 PM, Keystone said:

I am not having email problems, just the notifications for newly published caches that I receive in text message form. I don’t remember exactly when they stopped coming through, but it was around early February. There are several other geocachers in Central Florida having the same problem. We all have AT&T as carrier. I do receive the texts when I am sent a GC Message, so that format is coming through my carrier just fine. I don’t know how widespread this is, but I believe its not a phone problem.

i have created new notifications to test if there might have been a procedural or format change that effected the notifications that were in place at the time a change may have been made, but newly created ones do not work either.

AT&T said they would need to know more about the sent message in order to track or trap or identify if it’s even getting there. The tech suggested the originating party should contact their carrier and initiate the analysis, so the routing can be determined and likely a resolution will be found.

I fully agree with that suggestion, but I don’t know how to get this message into the hands of someone at headquarters that can actually put this process into action.

On 3/14/2024 at 10:30 PM, TheLF said:

I’m getting messages from the message center, but nothing from notification services . They are set up to come to my phone as a text.

Carrier is AT&T. This happened a few years ago and HQ investigated the issue and got it corrected. My remote notifications are for “publish listing” types. Several of my caching friends are experiencing the same issue. They are also AT&T customers. We each have Florida phone numbers. Hoping this will help in the analysis 

Same here My phone notifications quit awhile ago. I have AT&T also. E-mail notifications are fine.

TheLF, did you get this issue resolved?

No..!  Still no instant notifications.

Shilo, are you in Florida by any chance?  All those that I know are having this issue are in Florida.

Just grabbing for some facts that might help with a solution.

I’d think if all AT&T users were having the problem, there would be a major push to getting it solved.

On 3/3/2024 at 3:05 PM, ecanderson said:

It's been a long time - asking users to investigate this with their providers usually requires that they supply the IP addresses of the mail server(s) that are sending the mail.  Might be time to re-publish these here.  I know several users contributed to this effort quite a long time back, but finding those messages, assuming that those IP addresses are even still current, would be a chore.  If you folks can provide them, it's a lot easier than a bunch of us looking up IP addresses on incoming emails to find them all.

A few I've noted lately:

Email notifications re caches and left messages

63.251.163.224 (mail01.Groundspeak.com)

63.251.163.225 (mail02.Groundspeak.com)

63.251.163.228 (mail03.Groundspeak.com)

etc?

Newsletters

156.70.151.216 (sparkpostmail.com)

156.70.151.217 (sparkpostmail.com)

@Keystone

Would your folks in the great NW please help out with any additional known IP addresses?

6 hours ago, TheLF said:

Shilo, are you in Florida by any chance?  All those that I know are having this issue are in Florida.

I’d think if all AT&T users were having the problem, there would be a major push to getting it solved.

I'm just NW of Atlanta.

I'm thinking of deleting my MMS address in my notifications and setting it up again and see if that helps.

7 hours ago, TheLF said:

I just deleted my MMS email from my geocaching profile. I set it up again and sent verification email to it and it set off my MMS text alert on my phone.

So now I wait until a new cache or event publishes to see if it triggers my phone alert.