So I have completed 2 stages of an AL and attended 3 events - but no souvenir :-(

Deepdiggingmole

I completed 2 stages of an AL and attended 3 events today and have logged then all - but no souvenir :-( - I appreciate there is sometimes a timing issue but most of these were logged between 16.45 and 17.15  GMT so I would have thought they'd all count on the 29/2 
My suspicion is that the ALs are the issue and I am at another event later on, so hopefully that'll get the 4th cache required  - but if you can't log ALs on the 29th to register on the 29th - what are you supposed to do ?

• Funny 1
44 minutes ago, Deepdiggingmole said:

I completed 2 stages of an AL and attended 3 events today and have logged then all - but no souvenir :-( - I appreciate there is sometimes a timing issue but most of these were logged between 16.45 and 17.15  GMT so I would have thought they'd all count on the 29/2 
My suspicion is that the ALs are the issue and I am at another event later on, so hopefully that'll get the 4th cache required  - but if you can't log ALs on the 29th to register on the 29th - what are you supposed to do ?

Hi I have had the same problem logged some adventure labs caches but i haven't got a souvenir!
Hopefully they will fix the problem.

After reading this post I became curious about this souvenir so I played 5 adventures and then logged one found and got the souvenir. If you log finds first and then play adventures it may not trigger the souvenir, I guess.

Edited by arisoft
40 minutes ago, arisoft said:

After reding this post I became curious about this souvenir so I player 5 adventures and then logged one found and got the souvenir. If you log finds first and then play adventures it may not trigger the souvenir, I guess.

That makes sense. The souvenir system is firstly built into geocaching.com with geocache log activity. They may not have piped in the AL completions to the award triggering algorithm, but rather just check for sufficient logs/completes whenever the check is triggered on gc log activity.

1 hour ago, arisoft said:

After reding this post I became curious about this souvenir so I player 5 adventures and then logged one found and got the souvenir. If you log finds first and then play adventures it may not trigger the souvenir, I guess.

That sounds logical but frustrating that you have to do things in a particular order in order for them to trigger - I logged as I went 

and yes now I have the 4th event logged the souvenir appeared 

22 hours ago, barefootguru said:

Submitting 4 ad labs was enough to trigger my souvenir.

Though the souvenir for the '29th' has an acquired date of 1st March because I'm in Aotearoa New Zealand (raised before).

Ah, yes - time zone issues a big issue with ALs it seems