Glitch: Selected icons go behind deselected ones on the map

Once I tap on a cache icon (making it a "pin" on the map rather than a circle) it goes behind any (in circle form) that happen to be above it on the map (Android). This does not change based on which way the map is facing, and all geocache icons and map layers are affected. This is not a major bug, but it gets annoying in cache-dense areas. If y'all at the Lily Pad could fix this, that would be great!

Edited by lazyuncle
  • Surprised 1

If I understand you correctly, the same thing happens with me, but I think this is a feature, not a glitch. I think I might prefer it this way.

2 hours ago, Goldenwattle said:

I wish people wouldn't put icons above others already there. A bug bear of mine.

This happens at any zoom level. No matter how far away caches are from each other, they will eventually overlap.

AP1GczN9NeaBjPaxM1EW7C07KiH5Bo_VbbnoJJHNXYkWASsaMm8O51MBhIMFObuMLmKQKdeQgxVilWmuh4i5OCD-ZkOkycQIPbHvqRF3RfufpQE2QZNFt70wTto2vR-iMCeIfDWJeZDk05yy5h2Qc74uVCYE67Lqw4TQTe3YEaal8ZJ5i1H1NLSk4RJ3SMmhRDGipxT4Nkt2qJKBSe35nQhqMl4uSXa8ER-qj28Orl6qgyg5mLDo3xMrMD2EVr0WcBwCI7LF-XqUy47dc3pbpfDqYdpx1nUqvW13MzeDMYBPr-ja-Q8EtzXa-UyaYmf86yMATComcqkFQazHMX8Y7hLwOBozudnYdwzkB07R_rsHoCqtYFs-js-vHEmZi5R6m4DEhSC1Hrm_MrO9hIz5q60xwMM8huSwVVxRZejmiKwtjW_CXnGIllbniWoVsi-whKpgZniiQaSYTUpeCM14v7jGRL5JJRgdYvetk3mGmjvA8GnWcnDseUGqIbNz_fQgA3QW2MfFDRzZHTGAS2nncQApattAdIR8uhIr-oPlVF4XCIVsPj0aU_UyA-8XFEoBgWNIOJyd2cKWcLjn9GOJ-6gAF6oUqkxmyfmDU13xlB-X9wHnIQ9zQC0vD0gF3gdX94FY8alzlHE85bj5EoHYqnrh123vxtzL4XCNBtVoJ5iyqdGIdpIHFcuSp2QVEgopEypjVXWwJXJv39khjzwp6tav6gk6fr0CNa-hF9fpRsBeVzcWFAInr133PqMBCKJHA4Xm8EDi9Bf36BZ3b1FuWZhcNHbQNJcrezA3kbyWaE4tcyWIWnkv5JNTnNef83XzCuGGW00ikxavH4T6RqWHmwFmeEMjaJUK1rIn5yywpBYylLeD5nxhiqQqseiOOvmvEQ2YvasMUhPmFZ1VompFXu3B1nX9xWA=w233-h354-s-no-gm?authuser=0

8 hours ago, Goldenwattle said:

I wish people wouldn't put icons above others already there. A bug bear of mine.

Sometimes it can be difficult to avoid. I have a multistage LBH that starts at a particular statue in a reserve, but there's also a multi starting at a different but nearby statue:

image.png.0afbe3717a13931719327766159d5685.png

Both multis and multi-style LBHs require their listed coordinates to be at the starting point. Furthermore, I didn't even realise this proximity until after publication since you can't see an unpublished cache on the same map as published ones, other than the red saturation circles on the planning map which doesn't show any virtual locations.

On 2/27/2024 at 12:12 PM, lazyuncle said:

Once I tap on a cache icon (making it a "pin" on the map rather than a circle) it goes behind any (in circle form) that happen to be above it on the map (Android). This does not change based on which way the map is facing, and all geocache icons and map layers are affected. This is not a major bug, but it gets annoying in cache-dense areas. If y'all at the Lily Pad could fix this, that would be great!

Hello @lazyuncle,

Thank you for bringing our attention to this bug. Our developers are now aware and hope to have a fix out soon. Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

• Helpful 1
On 2/27/2024 at 2:12 PM, lazyuncle said:

I finally see it!

• Upvote 1