Trackable not showing on web page

lefisher

I decided it was time to have a look at where all my trackables were and have now seen a second one that is shown as being dropped off, no one has retrieved it, and yet it is no longer shown on the page.  Surely, even if the trackable has disappeared, it should still show on the web site.  I haven't got the heart to see what has happened to two others just yet! 

There was one marked as missing so I just accept that and will grab it back into my inventory but another one was dropped in a cache 8/8/22 and a note was posted on 26/8/22 say it wasn't there. They did not actually mark it as missing. 

On the one I am actually querying, it was dropped into a cache a long time ago.  I checked through all the subsequent logs and the CO had to replace the cache as it had disappeared (along with my trackable I assume) but unless it has been marked as missing, I don't see how it is still not shown on the cache on the web page.

On another point, I wish that cachers would just post a note saying a trackable is not in a container instead of marking it as missing. It can then be retrieved from the last known cache.

I really must stop going through my owned trackables as it is disheartening!

I clicked on the last known cache it was in, then clicked View past Trackables. Searching the list in alphabetical order, your CVT & JACS Team Pathtag is listed as Location Unknown on page 8. I don't know who marks a trackable as Unknown Location. In Keystone's comment above, it seems that someone has marked it Missing. If it was the container that was replaced, perhaps the CO was kind enough to update the locations of the trackables that were in the container that disappeared as Missing.

• Upvote 2