Enable log not available with the app when reactivating

Hi!

I play with the Android app and I had deactivated one of my caches after several DNFs. Then I went to have a look at the cache, maintained it, I could log the owner maintenance log via the app, but it's not possible to reactivate via the app. I could only deactivate it whereas it was already at the disabled status.

Thanks in advance to check this, it could gain time for cache owners to be able to do everything as soon as possible and at the same time.

Cheers,

fab_seeker

• Surprised 1
26 minutes ago, fab_seeker said:

Hi!

I play with the Android app and I had deactivated one of my caches after several DNFs. Then I went to have a look at the cache, maintained it, I could log the owner maintenance log via the app, but it's not possible to reactivate via the app. I could only deactivate it whereas it was already at the disabled status.

Thanks in advance to check this, it could gain time for cache owners to be able to do everything as soon as possible and at the same time.

Cheers,

fab_seeker

https://forums.geocaching.com/GC/index.php?/topic/368562-in-app-cache-owner-tools/

6 hours ago, fab_seeker said:

You need to swipe down on the cache page in the app to force it to refresh. The app caches just about everything about a cache the first time it sees it, including its enabled/disabled status, and won't refresh by itself.

9 hours ago, barefootjeff said:

You need to swipe down on the cache page in the app to force it to refresh. The app caches just about everything about a cache the first time it sees it, including its enabled/disabled status, and won't refresh by itself.

Hi! The problem is not when the geocache has been reactivated and I would see it disabled on the app. The problem is I can't reactivate my own geocache from the app when it is deactivated. I have to do it via the website...

Edited by fab_seeker
22 minutes ago, fab_seeker said:

Hi! The problem is not when the geocache has been reactivated and I would see it disabled on the app. The problem is I can't reactivate my own geocache from the app when it is deactivated

I realise that. Did you try swiping down on the cache page in tha app? When I've had that problem, refreshing it that way makes the Enable option visible instead of Disable. This is really an awful bug in the app.

24 minutes ago, barefootjeff said:

I realise that. Did you try swiping down on the cache page in tha app? When I've had that problem, refreshing it that way makes the Enable option visible instead of Disable. This is really an awful bug in the app.

Yes it doesn't work either. If developers could have a look at the available options when this case occurs, I think it's not very hard/long to correct ;)

Hello @fab_seeker,

Thank you for reporting this bug. To help our developers identify the root cause of the issue, please share:

• Screenshot(s) of the area of the app causing the issue (i.e., the Map page, cache details, etc.) 
  • The version information from the app
    • From your profile, select the Gear Icon in the upper right corner, then view the Version info below the Sign out button

Thanks for your patience; we look forward to hearing back from you.

3 hours ago, worrellsquirrel said:

Hello @fab_seeker,

Thank you for reporting this bug. To help our developers identify the root cause of the issue, please share:

• Screenshot(s) of the area of the app causing the issue (i.e., the Map page, cache details, etc.) 
  • The version information from the app
    • From your profile, select the Gear Icon in the upper right corner, then view the Version info below the Sign out button

Thanks for your patience; we look forward to hearing back from you.

Hi worrelsquirrel! Well I also tried on several caches and I saw the option to activate is available on GC3K8XM for example. Is it due to special chars in french in the title? "È é ê à" ?

Screenshot_2024-02-21-02-25-58-174_com.groundspeak.geocaching.intro.jpg

Screenshot_2024-02-21-02-27-25-718_com.groundspeak.geocaching.intro.jpg

Well, sorry for the inconvenience, I have just retried and now it works ! :/ I had deactivated on the same day, refreshment was active on one of them and not the other ? Maybe... Sorry if it's only that (even if log out/in is a strange solution ;) ) and thanks all for the help!

Screenshot_2024-02-21-02-41-31-362_com.groundspeak.geocaching.intro.jpg

Edit At a high level of zoom, the icon was a grey star before refresh for sure... I may not have noticed it wasn't the case once I had selected the cache.

Edited by fab_seeker