In App Cache Owner Tools

HiddenCrazy

18 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:
31 minutes ago, barefootjeff said:

It would be good to be able to view my own unpublished caches in the app, so as to check that everything works as expected before app-users start trying to find it. Perhaps this function already exists somewhere but I couldn't find it.

That would be nice!

I just tried entering my unpublished cache's GC code into the app's search function, just in case, but it came back with "Something went wrong, please try again." Not a helpful error message, I can keep trying till the cows come home but it's not going to make any difference.

• Funny 2
On 12/17/2021 at 4:32 AM, Max and 99 said:

This is already available. 

When it works. Today I did maintenance on some TD'd caches. The first one I was able to Enable the cache using the app. The next two I couldn't because the Enable option had disappeared. This has happened before for some unknown reason.

• Helpful 1
28 minutes ago, colleda said:

When it works. Today I did maintenance on some TD'd caches. The first one I was able to Enable the cache using the app. The next two I couldn't because the Enable option had disappeared. This has happened before for some unknown reason.

Yes, it's happened to me a few times too. Logging out and logging back in again fixes it, well, until next time.

• Helpful 1
1 hour ago, Max and 99 said:

Again. I went to enable a geocache that is already disabled. One of the log options was disable, but no enable was available. 

Yes, I've noticed that too recently. Logging out and back in again fixes it, but it's becoming a bit of a pain to have to keep doing that and will likely become more so in the months ahead as I currently have eight caches disabled due to the extreme wet weather and it's likely I'll be wanting to re-enable them in the field when I've done a cache check after the trails have reopened.