I bought some new trackable and activated them. Cant figure out how to start its journey.

kurchian

14 hours ago, kurchian said:

I bought some new trackables and activated them. They are now "in the hands of the owner".

But what actions must I take to place it in a cache I own to get its journey started?

You can "Visit" the trackable to the cache - Open the cache page, then use the Write Note log type to create a log.  Write your note - Trackable visit, or Visting trackables to start their journey or whatever, then select from the trackable inventory below the log creation part of the page.  Visit the ones you  want to visit, and their journey has begun!

18 hours ago, kurchian said:

I bought some new trackables and activated them. They are now "in the hands of the owner".

But what actions must I take to place it in a cache I own to get its journey started?

You simply log a Write Note on your cache, leaving a message that you're dropping a Trackable, then scroll your Trackable inventory.at the bottom. 

Find the Trackable you want to place in the cache you own, and click on the Drop option to the right.   Done.  :)