Could stickers count as stamps for Letterbox Hybrid?

So, I'm about to spend $20 on blank rubber stamps & ink (cheapest option). I plan on carving the stamp myself.

But, could I save money & use stickers I already have? It has the logo of my small business, & is related to the cache theme.

I plan on having this published on February 10th.

• Funny 1
52 minutes ago, CrayfishYAY said:

But, could I save money & use stickers I already have? It has the logo of my small business, & is related to the cache theme.

As arisoft said, the Guidelines specifically say "stamp". I'm not a letterbox stamp imprint collector but those that do keep a book of LBH imprints might not like stickers because of the extra thickness it would add to the page.

Also stamp or sticker, anything having the logo of your business on it could also be seen as a breach of the commercial content guideline.

• Upvote 5
  • Helpful 2

CrayfishYAY, nice idea to carve a stamp for your letterbox! However, there is no requirement that you have to provide an ink pad in a letterbox cache. In fact, an ink pad in the cache container can over time cause problems, such as staining other objects in the cache, the pad dries out, etc. In the descriptions for the letterbox caches that I have placed, I mention that there is no ink pad in the container and that geocachers that want to stamp their book should bring their own ink pad. So far no-one has complained about missing ink pads. 

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 2

The sole distinguishing feature of a Letterbox Hybrid cache is the presence of a letterboxing stamp.  If you want to give away non-commercial stickers in your cache, that's fine, but this would be a different cache type, depending on the design.

• Helpful 2

At a discount store near me that sells old nonsense other stores couldn't sell, there was a bunch of stamps with a large blank area. It was like an outline stamp. I cut off the parts I didn't want and used the blank part of the stamps. Quick crude carving with a dremmel and I was in business for 50 cent a stamp. I wonder if there is something like that near you, possibly in thrift stores.