Add Hide Dashboard to GC App

Comparing the functionality between GC website and the app, it would be nice for cache owners to see the hide dashboard from the website in the app as well. Possibly as a revision to the current hide list, or a feature that appears when the phone is turned sidewise (landscape) in the hide list. We are starting to place more hides, and are data driven users. Thanks for considering. 

40 minutes ago, TormadoTeam said:

Comparing the functionality between GC website and the app, it would be nice for cache owners to see the hide dashboard from the website in the app as well. Possibly as a revision to the current hide list, or a feature that appears when the phone is turned sidewise (landscape) in the hide list. We are starting to place more hides, and are data driven users. Thanks for considering. 

Is there something specific you would want the app to show regarding your hides?

• Upvote 1

Hi Max and 99, I pulled up the website. Under cache owner dashboard, published hides, there is a handy table showing caches by row - with several columns for placed date, finds, favorites, last found, etc. This is a really nice table/matrix to have access to, especially as our hide list grows. Thanks for looking into this. 

IMG_2504.jpeg

42 minutes ago, TormadoTeam said:

with several columns for placed date, finds, favorites, last found, etc.

I can't look into anything, but I was just curious what you wanted to see on the app. The official app gets pretty close, as you can sort your hides by distance, favorite points, and most recent hides. 

On 1/12/2024 at 11:18 AM, cerberus1 said:

Maybe it's just me, but I feel "the app" should be used to find caches, and not as a replacement to the website... 

While the website has gotten better concerning compatibility for mobile devices, it's still not the easiest to use outside of a computer/device with a large screen. The solution would be to either integrate cache owner tools into the app, or create a second app for cache owners. As much as I hate to admit it, we computer users are reducing in number with most people just relying on phones and tablets for their daily lives.