Archived event contains trackables

Bee2205

Hopefully someone has picked the trackables up. This happened recently to one of mine, which has been travelling in Europe for years. The event was archived and I wondered if this was it for my trackable, because for several days (maybe longer?) it was not logged. Fortunately it had been picked up and was finally logged. The person who picked it up was slow to log. 

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Bee2205 said:

My trackable was dropped off at an event (GCAFCZA).  The event has now been archived.  What happens to the trackables? (mine is one of four)

Trackables aren't always logged promptly, nor properly.  The good news is... it's always a surprise!  Hope you like surprises! :anicute:

You could try asking the Cache Owner if there's any TB news.

I've been to a bunch of Events that have a "Table For Trackables", and often there were Trackables remaining after it was over.  One time, there was an announcement, asking for people to take them all.  I retrieved 12 of them, and immediately regretted that decision.  Can't just dump them all into one cache.  How many safe, big caches are there around here?  Not many that I'd expect a TB to survive in.  The unfortunate that ended up with yours may be overwhelmed by the thought of placing even the 4 from that Event.

One of my TBs is coming up to its 10 year anniversary of being in limbo after being dropped at an Event.  So I tend to get nervous when I see mine getting near an Event.

Lately, local Events are devoid of the black hole "Trackable Table".  That's better.

Edited by kunarion
  • Upvote 1
54 minutes ago, kunarion said:

Can't just dump them all into one cache.

Fortunately I have a trackable hotel and I could put 12 trackables in it. In fact, after a Mega nearby I did find all the left over trackables in it. They were picked up to come to my TB Hotel. They all eventually moved on. My TB Hotel is locked for safety.

• Surprised 1
  • Helpful 1
16 hours ago, Bee2205 said:

My trackable was dropped off at an event (GCAFCZA).  The event has now been archived.  What happens to the trackables? (mine is one of four)

We stopped dropping Trackables at events after finding weird things happen when a pile of Trackables are on a table together.

One event had a dozen trackables still sitting near the log when we left (I signed the log that day to notice).

Possible that someone's traveling and just haven't logged it yet, but we're seeing so many incorrect logs, who knows...

You probably realize that we're dealing with other humans.  Things happen. Be patient and keep your fingers crossed.  :)

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, cerberus1 said:

We stopped dropping Trackables at events after finding weird things happen when a pile of Trackables are on a table together.

One event had a dozen trackables still sitting near the log when we left (I signed the log that day to notice).

Possible that someone's traveling and just haven't logged it yet, but we're seeing so many incorrect logs, who knows...

You probably realize that we're dealing with other humans.  Things happen. Be patient and keep your fingers crossed.  :)

I would not leave a trackable at a big event either. I do offer trackables at small events, but note who picks it up to put in the log, and if not picked up, take it with me. I don't leave it there.

• Upvote 1