How do I apply a premium membership gift card without losing my legacy premium membership pricing?

GeoElmo6000

Hi all, I received a free one year premium membership subscription for having a finalist film in this year's GIFF.  In order to apply it, it looks like I need to stop my recurring membership, which will make my premium membership go from $30/yr to $40/yr.

Is there a way to apply this gift card without losing my legacy premium membership pricing?  

From the website https://coord.info/prepaid

Add a gift card to your recurring Premium membership account

You must stop your recurring membership before you apply a gift card. The expiration date will extend for an additional year.

1. In your Settings, select Account
  2. Select Edit Membership.
  3. Select Stop Recurring Membership to cancel the auto-renew feature of your membership.
  4. Select Renew Membership.
  5. Enter the Gift Membership Number "XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXX" into the Enter Gift or Promo Code field.
  6. Select Apply.
  7. Select Review Order.

This is NOT a trap, Admiral Ackbar! Star Wars GIFs are actually on GIPHY  now. | By GIPHY | Facebook :lol:

I recently used a gift card to extend my PM status. But I was not on auto renewal. 

I'm wondering if it's the wording that's a little bit confusing. You're stopping the auto renewal, but not your membership. 

So as long as your membership doesn't expire, it's considered current no matter how you pay. 

It's even more confusing now because I can no longer purchase gift cards that will extend a legacy membership. 

https://forums.geocaching.com/GC/index.php?/topic/394433-gift-membership-on-legacy-premium-member-account/

Edited by Max and 99

If I follow step 3 of the given instructions I get this.  I want to keep my recurring memebership so I can keep the legacy pricing, but I don't know how to do that with a gift card per the instructions.

Note that in the past, when I've had a finalist film in the GIFF, GCHQ just extends the premium membership account on the backend without me doing anything.

Screenshot 2023-12-02 1.15.29 PM.png