“Your Trackables”

WV_GeoBear

I see you're using a phone, so I just tried with my Android and again no issues.
The error 500 suggests it's a problem at the Groundspeak end so unlikely to be anything to do with your phone/browser or anything you can do to fix it.

There might be a passing lackey who will see this post and do something about it but I suggest you report it via the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page.

I investigated and determined the reason for this error was that your "Sparky the Shark & Jack Link's Sasquatch® Tag" was in this cache: https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GCADWW4. It's the use of all emoticons in the title that caused that issue. Setting that TB to missing solved the problem. I've left the trackable in that state so you can access your trackables page; if you want to set it back in the cache, just visit the page and select "Move to Last Location" in the Actions dropdown.

• Helpful 1
2 hours ago, Moun10Bike said:

I investigated and determined the reason for this error was that your "Sparky the Shark & Jack Link's Sasquatch® Tag" was in this cache: https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GCADWW4. It's the use of all emoticons in the title that caused that issue. Setting that TB to missing solved the problem. I've left the trackable in that state so you can access your trackables page; if you want to set it back in the cache, just visit the page and select "Move to Last Location" in the Actions dropdown.

The tag seems to be OK except in certain lists associated with that cache.  So I guess people were typically able to log and view it just fine, but in some cases, the cache title crashes the system.

Edited by kunarion
20 minutes ago, chase99g said:

When clicking on the cache that my trackable is currently in, it gives me a 404 error

IMG_9033.jpeg

I'm getting the same sort of message (on my desktop PC), when from web pages of my trackables, specifically links on the trackable's log that lead to the cache it is supposedly located in. (Clicking on the "recently spotted" link does not have this problem.)

Another general trend I have noticed is that if I click on a link from my notification emails which leads to either a cache4 or a trackable, it opens the next page as if I am not logged in to the geocaching website, even though I am. I end up having to hit "refresh" and then it acknowledges that I am logged in and the full page features open up.

• Helpful 1
On 12/27/2023 at 7:22 PM, Mysterion604 said:

Another general trend I have noticed is that if I click on a link from my notification emails which leads to either a cache4 or a trackable, it opens the next page as if I am not logged in to the geocaching website, even though I am. I end up having to hit "refresh" and then it acknowledges that I am logged in and the full page features open up.

I sometimes see this with Firefox on iOS. So far, I was under the impression that this is a browser issue. However, it's probably better to discuss this unrelated problem in a separate topic.

On 12/27/2023 at 8:39 PM, CCFwasG said:

(Is it just me or does it feel like ever since the whole logging thing was changed that there are a lot of things breaking?!)

As I understand it, Groundspeak is revising large parts of the website to put it on a common basis. This will make it easier to fix issues or develop new features. But I can imagine that in the course of this work there is an increased likelihood that things will break temporarily.

• Helpful 1