changing cache category

Jayeffel

I have an  active multi - cache in place and wondering if is is allowed to change the category to a puzzle cache and change the description to a puzzle type. Nothing else will change. I have presently a first stage with clues to figure to determine the coords to the next stage, which is not far away. 

• Funny 1

Changing the type of a cache is a pretty fundamental change. You can't do it yourself; you'll need a volunteer reviewer to do it for you.And unless the cache was published recently with the wrong type, I would not expect the volunteer reviewer to change the type of a cache.

As it says in the Help Center article Edit a cache page after publication, "If edits to your cache page change the experience of your geocache fundamentally, it may be appropriate to archive the cache page and submit a new one."

Edited by niraD
copy-paste mistake
  • Helpful 2
1 hour ago, Jayeffel said:

I have an  active multi - cache in place and wondering if is is allowed to change the category to a puzzle cache and change the description to a puzzle type. Nothing else will change. I have presently a first stage with clues to figure to determine the coords to the next stage, which is not far away. 

Why? Did the box move?

1 hour ago, Jayeffel said:

That sounds pretty much as a multi-cache because the player must start from the posted coordinates. Why do you want to change it at all?

10 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

Why? Did the box move?

No, nothing moved. The only reason I considered changing anything is because when the second correct coordinates are determined they show when plotted on the Direction to cache map they show at a wrong spot. And apparently for some also on the tool they use to find the coordinates -- iPhone , Garmin etc. BUT some have found it and said coordinates are okay. 

I recently found a puzzle cache description with a puzzle which gave me ideas. Maybe leave as a multi and tweak the description

Edited by Jayeffel