New geocacher location

SW00P

Yesterday 2 new geocache hides published near me. GCAG6TG and GCAG05W. I checked profile 0 finds and 2 hides. Been a basic member for a week. No location. Later on they logged 2 finds in Colorado. What's interesting is where do they live? Can the reviewers see a location? Placing a cache that far away would mean a maintenance plan without someone local. 

This seems to happen more now than before. My guess is these hides will be short lived. The one hide is on a cul-de-sac. I assume neighbors won't be ammused.

1 hour ago, SW00P said:

Yesterday 2 new geocache hides published near me. GCAG6TG and GCAG05W. I checked profile 0 finds and 2 hides. Been a basic member for a week. No location. Later on they logged 2 finds in Colorado. What's interesting is where do they live? Can the reviewers see a location? Placing a cache that far away would mean a maintenance plan without someone local. 

This seems to happen more now than before. My guess is these hides will be short lived. The one hide is on a cul-de-sac. I assume neighbors won't be ammused.

Up high in a tree, that needs climbing, and it's only a 1.5 T?

The neighbors are going to love that one when someone comes late at night (avail 24/7).

Edited by Max and 99

Both these hides are a very, very short distance from the owner's home coordinates.  Like Johannis10 posted, as a Reviewer I cannot see the exact home coordinates, but just by drawing two lines I can take a very good guess at which house the owner lives in, if their home coords were measured right at home.

For privacy purposes, it's not necessary to have home coordinates exactly at your residence.  Mine are at the end of the street I live on.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1