Becoming a premium member

MoonHerb

I think that there's only 4 or 5 Members only caches in the country so far.

I think that the Pocket Queries alone are worth the money, they save me a lot of time downloading waypoints. You can customise a search to download upto 500 waypoints at a time, and of types and locations to suuit you. Also these quries can be updated and emailed to you daily (upto 5 emails a day) Then I load the PQ into watcher (freeware) which makes planning a day's caching easier.

There are some extra bits for the forum, but I don't tend to use them.

Some people are born great, some achieve greatness, and some just grate

quote:
Originally posted by Dave_CoombeAbbey:

It's a shame there isn't a seperate search engine for finding only the 'members only' caches.... or is there ? (new to site, still finding me way round !)

You can have a PQ do that... but there are only 5 in the UK at present!

Cheers,

Emily & Neil

The welfare of the forest and it's wildlife must come before the game.

My nearest cache is a member only cache. It's a virtual, and I suppose the people that set it up didn't want to be bombarded with a ton of emails... or maybe they wanted to promote membership. I joined anyway, then I discovered the Pocket Queries for extracting selected web page cache details to a handheld PC and/or laptop. Saves printing out the pages on paper. Membership is cheap enough, and imagine the cost of hosting the Geocaching web site. It's good value for money for a cheap pastime.

--

Cheers,

Stuey icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Stuey:

My nearest cache is a member only cache. It's a virtual, and I suppose the people that set it up didn't want to be bombarded with a ton of emails... or maybe they wanted to promote membership. icon_biggrin.gif

Thats ours! Actually it is members only because we didn't want any new cachers to be disapointed and old hands could apreciate the joke.

If only life had an undo button....

London & UK Geocaching Resources: http://www.sheps.clara.net

I like most of you , became a subcriber to GC.COM as a way of a thank you for alowing me to take part in this hobby, and although I am am not as active as I was in the past, I still think that keeping my subcription up helps keep the hobby going for others to enjoy. I still use the site for downloads of new caches.

Lat year I came across a site maintaned by an active american cacher ( Clayjar) and downloaded his free prog. called Watcher. this is a very handy tool and I use it to keep track of all caches that I have done as well as all cache lists from GC.COM that are sent to me

it has filters and you can keep some useful records on the hobby.

try this link if you havn't known about it before.watcher hope that link works. if not

http://www.clayjar.com/gc/watcher

Nige

The Northumbrian is a member of The Geocaching Association of Great Britain

I like most of you , became a subcriber to GC.COM as a way of a thank you for alowing me to take part in this hobby, and although I am am not as active as I was in the past, I still think that keeping my subcription up helps keep the hobby going for others to enjoy. I still use the site for downloads of new caches.

Lat year I came across a site maintaned by an active american cacher ( Clayjar) and downloaded his free prog. called Watcher. this is a very handy tool and I use it to keep track of all caches that I have done as well as all cache lists from GC.COM that are sent to me

it has filters and you can keep some useful records on the hobby.

try this link if you havn't known about it before.watcher hope that link works. if not

http://www.clayjar.com/gc/watcher

Nige

The Northumbrian is a member of The Geocaching Association of Great Britain

I pay because I would feel darn guilty at getting all the enjoyment that I do from the game for free. I do use the extra features - I even have a Members Only Cache - but I could happily carry on without them.

I pay because I think the people that run this site deserve my support - and so I give it.

------

"There's Sparticus. That's him, over there."