200 caches in just 6 weeks!!

Cripes!! Talk about a professional, well done seasider (seemed to have followed you for a few caches on Wednesday/Thursday last week).

I'm away for a week tomorrow (no geocaching) so I expect to post a "Well done on 300" post when I get back. OK?

Very well done, keep it up. Peter

Enthusiastic user of GeocacheUK - Information, not control.

It is better to regret something you did, rather than to regret something you didn't do.

Many thanks!

I did quite a few last week and have only just finished updating all my logs - my record does now show 200.

It's time I hid a few so keep an eye on the North West map over the next few days!

Maybe see some of you at the Northern Cache Bash.

Seasider

Out of the 200 I think that 135 are locational caches and 65 are locationless caches. I've tended to go after the locationless ones when either it's a bank holiday & busy or the weather is poor.

However, to find say a working watermill or a lovers leap takes a bit of research and still involves a good drive to photograph it - plus it's a pain uploading pictures on to the site.

It took me just as long on Friday to ascertain which locationless caches were available, to research if any were within reasonable driving distance, to plan a route & then to photograph them as it did to find a similar number of locational caches the previous day on the way back from Scarborough!

I estimate there are about 120 locationless caches (out of 314 total) which could be bagged in the UK - so there is plenty for everyone to go at!

Seasider

My favourite cache is 'Walking with Dinosaurs' by Chuffer which involved a lovely walk on Scarborough's rocky beach to find dinosaur footprints followed very closely by kevin's 'Fossil Transfer' in Monsal Dale, Derbyshire which had me clinging to a rock face searching for a cache which is not easy to find!

My least favourite are all those where I find the cache is missing or trashed - "End of the Line" by Red Admiral was the first one I found damaged which was only my 6th cache.

Seasider