Search by Region Filter

Team Canary

43 minutes ago, Team Canary said:

I can't get a simple one, like caches in Australia I haven't found to work.

https://www.geocaching.com/play/results?r=16&st=Australia&ot=country&oid=3&nfb=Team+Canary&hf=1&ho=1

It looks like I've found all the caches in Australia too. I'm using Firefox 117.0.1 on Windows 10 and the search just ends with a completely blank screen.

I stumbled across an interesting work-around. 

Let's say I want to list all of the caches in (say) Arkansas and sort by fave points, so I can see how I'm doing on a couple of fave-related challenges. Spoiler - still a couple short.

If you click on Play - Search - filter on Region: Arkansas, United States and select All Caches, the page just hangs up. This is what people have been commenting about.

BUT - if you click on Play - Search - and just type any random place into the search tool, that works just fine. Then click on Filters. You'll see "Query - whatever" that you just searched on. Change that to Region: Arkansas, United States and it works just fine.

So now let the web crew scratch there heads over that for a while.

I will also comment, as I have before, that the two "suggestions" you get when you type into that search bar are entirely useless. And by that I mean that they never have anything to do with what you really want. Which means that to use that tool you have to type, wait a second, and click on the bottom entry (what you just typed) or you'll end up at one of the useless searches.

Edited by The Snowdog

I'm using chrome (Version 116.0.5845.188 (Official Build) (64-bit) if it matters) and can no longer get a regional search to come up on the main page. Just gives me a white page. I can see a list of caches if I plug in a specific town, but the state is small enough that I'd like to see all available in the state to plan my adventures.  I was able to get it to work by searching on a town and then using a filter to change the town to a regional search, but after looking at one cache and going back, it went back to a blank white screen.