Library mystery cache

Arcane_Artificer

I have placed a cache in a local library and have sent it off for review but each time it is the reviewer sends it back and says there’s an issue with it , that I dose not fit the guild lines for a indoor cache.

My question is is there a way to have it be that when the puzzle is solved that it unlocks a virtual description of the final location with out needing anything physical at the first location?

11 hours ago, Arcane_Artificer said:

is there a way to have it be that when the puzzle is solved that it unlocks a virtual description of the final location with out needing anything physical at the first location?

Yes, there are many ways to do this. Here is one example:

Set the starting coordinate somewhere outside the library.

Ask the player find a text, numbers or count windows etc. from the starting point.

Add a geochecker to the cache description. Certitude.org is suitable for this.

Use "Keyword" solution and add your virtual description as "Bonus info" in the checker.

This completes the requirement for using GPS.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 2
15 hours ago, Keystone said:

You need to add an outdoor stage to your Library Cache, as explained in detail by your reviewer.  For everyone else, we're talking about the guidance for indoor caches.

Once you add an outdoor stage that can be navigated to with a GPS-enabled device, your cache can be published.

I have read the guidelines and the bit that I am getting stuck on is the "Players should not be able to find the final container without completing the outdoor stage." I have changed it to a multi-cache and have set up a virtual point, now do I add a description to the virtual point on how to get to the cache or what?

please give clear instructions as I am apparently very stupid, thanks.

17 minutes ago, Arcane_Artificer said:

I have read the guidelines and the bit that I am getting stuck on is the "Players should not be able to find the final container without completing the outdoor stage." I have changed it to a multi-cache and have set up a virtual point, now do I add a description to the virtual point on how to get to the cache or what?

please give clear instructions as I am apparently very stupid, thanks.

What do players have to do at the virtual stage? Where are those instructions given to them?

• Helpful 1
4 minutes ago, Arcane_Artificer said:

They follow the note on the waypoint, into the library, and to the language section 

So there's nothing to do at stage one, they can just see that note from home and go straight to the final? Just clarifying.

It seems like you have not met the guidelines then if you can find the final without an outdoor stage? 

Really, just trying to understand. 

Maybe I'm completely wrong!

Edited by Max and 99
  • Helpful 1
40 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

So there's nothing to do at stage one, they can just see that note from home and go straight to the final? Just clarifying.

It seems like you have not met the guidelines then if you can find the final without an outdoor stage? 

Really, just trying to understand. 

Maybe I'm completely wrong!

Thanks for the help, I added a geochecker to it, so will that fit the guild lines

Library caches usually have a physical container (could even just be a tag or sticker) with a Dewey decimal or similar number.

It's possible for the outside stage to be virtual if there's something that can be used as a field puzzle. Count windows, use numbers/letters from existing signage, etc.

What you cannot do is put the outside stage at the entrance to the library and simply give the call number on the cache page. This was allowed long ago, but not anymore.