Timeframe to go live?

Your cache was properly submitted for review yesterday.  The next step is for your friendly local Community Volunteer Reviewer to look at your page.  Our service level goal is to provide an initial review within seven days, although in practice it's usually quite faster than that.

Often, caches without any issues under the Geocache Hiding Guidelines are published quickly.  It may take a bit longer to hear back from your Reviewer if they need to explain a problem and how to fix it.  I am sure that your Reviewer will be along shortly to leave a Reviewer Note on your page.  Check your email for notifications when your Reviewer leaves Notes for you, and respond as instructed in the Note.

• Helpful 2
On 7/8/2023 at 4:13 PM, Keystone said:

Your cache was properly submitted for review yesterday.  The next step is for your friendly local Community Volunteer Reviewer to look at your page.  Our service level goal is to provide an initial review within seven days, although in practice it's usually quite faster than that.

Often, caches without any issues under the Geocache Hiding Guidelines are published quickly.  It may take a bit longer to hear back from your Reviewer if they need to explain a problem and how to fix it.  I am sure that your Reviewer will be along shortly to leave a Reviewer Note on your page.  Check your email for notifications when your Reviewer leaves Notes for you, and respond as instructed in the Note.

It's now been six days since I submitted and I have heard nothing from the reviewer.  Do I need to re-submit?

• Funny 2
47 minutes ago, charjg said:

It's now been six days since I submitted and I have heard nothing from the reviewer.  Do I need to re-submit?

Volunteers, my friend, doing us all a favor.

I understand the anxiety, but patience and gratitude.

Hope it goes smoothly for you, once it gets reviewed.

2 hours ago, charjg said:

Has the volunteer reviewer posted a reviewer note to your cache page? Normally, you would receive an email notification about reviewer notes, but maybe the email isn't going through.

It is also possible that there are issues with the listing you submitted. Volunteer reviewers often publish the trouble-free listings quickly, and wait until they have more time to respond to the listings that have issues, that will be more difficult to respond to.

• Helpful 1
6 hours ago, niraD said:

Has the volunteer reviewer posted a reviewer note to your cache page? Normally, you would receive an email notification about reviewer notes, but maybe the email isn't going through.

It is also possible that there are issues with the listing you submitted. Volunteer reviewers often publish the trouble-free listings quickly, and wait until they have more time to respond to the listings that have issues, that will be more difficult to respond to.

Jus hang in there, they volunteer their time and do a great job trying to caches approved and also to be sure they meet guidelines. If you gave not heard from a reviewer by now there probably is nothing wrong. I expect a lot of caches are being placed and that takes time for them to sort through.

Enjoy caching.

2 hours ago, charjg said:

there was no indication that anything was wrong with the submission

The planning map on the cache submission page alerts you when there's a public physical waypoint nearby.  You would have needed to override that alert before submitting your cache for review, seeing as how there is an existing Traditional Cache just 154 feet away.

• Upvote 1
  • Funny 1
  • Helpful 3