Wagon roads and trails international

A while ago a wm of mine was approved: https://www.Waymarking.com/waymarks/wm15YAK_Verlengde_Arnhemseweg_N224_Ede_the_Netherlands

It is a former Hessenweg, a wagon trail used by German merchants in the 17th and 18th century.

Today I sent in another Hessenweg, and it was bluntly denied because it isn't in the USA or Canada. To me, this seems like a category easily expanded to worldwide. USA and Canada are not the only countries which have ancient wagon roads and trails...

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1

Now the first mentioned wm was declined as well! This makes me furious as it was a wagon road and problably older than most in America. Both of my wm were true wagon roads but had the misfortune of being outside of the USA and Canada. I would really appreciate it if this category is opened up to be worldwide!

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
1 hour ago, Becktracker said:

Now the first mentioned wm was declined as well! This makes me furious as it was a wagon road and problably older than most in America. Both of my wm were true wagon roads but had the misfortune of being outside of the USA and Canada. I would really appreciate it if this category is opened up to be worldwide!

Have you tried to talk with the leader

On 7/7/2023 at 9:49 AM, Becktracker said:

Oh, don't get your knickers in a knot, Ivo. That first approval, now declined, was likely a MIS-approval, done by an officer not paying attention at the moment.

However, I see that all the officers are Americans, three of which I know. I would suggest that you try contacting them in this order, YoSam, then iconions, then NW_history_buff, then the leader. I suspect that, within that group you may find officers amenable to expansion of the category, but don't count on it. If you tell them that Keith sent you it may help, but again, don't count on it. :D I should add that I am in favour of expansion of the category, given that we all know that wagon roads exist outside of North America AND that expansion would eliminate the necessity of the creation of a somewhat redundant category.

At the moment, that's about all you can do, so for now, Ivo, I would suggest that you take heed of my post earlier today in This Thread, in particular the last line.

Keith

• Surprised 2
10 hours ago, Becktracker said:

It is a shame because the original reviewer said something like this: 'wow, interesting. First wm I could approve outside the US'

Apparently he has reviewed so few that he was either unaware of the rules and regulations for said category, or they had slipped his mind.

On 7/24/2023 at 1:54 PM, Country_Wife said:

I see that Canadian waymarks are okay. Too bad I’m not visiting southern Alberta any time soon! https://www.museumofthehighwood.com/oldmacleodtrail

Yeah, I've had my eye on that for some time but never managed to get there. Now it looks like I may well be leaving it for yourself, or whoever else may first happen upon it. 

Alas & Alak.

Keith