Thank you Waymarkers!

Just thought I'd drop by to say, first, "You're quite welcome" and, second,  "Thank you for being a a supportive and contributing member of the clan."

Can't for the life of me imagine why it has taken over three months for anyone to respond to your kind words toward the community. We, and I, should all be ashamed of ourselves for seemingly ignoring such a wonderful and heartfelt gesture!!! :mad:

I would say "Shame" but for the fact that Sue has received 4 Upvotes and 6 Hearts to date, which is something, at least. From a community which I firmly believe to number somewhat > 10, that's not much of a response, now is it? The rest of you too busy to at least say "Hi" to her?

Keith

Edited by ScroogieII
On 5/22/2023 at 1:54 PM, r.e.s.t.seekers said:

Thank you Waymarkers.  Thank you Waymarkers who discuss things on here, answer questions, and keep things civil.  Thank you Category Managers for spending time to help make quality listings.  Thank you Waymarkers for pointing out so many interesting spots to visit. 

One of the hearts is from me. :wub: To be very honest, I didn't know what to answer. You created hundreds of WMs and visited thousands and I can see that you made 42 posts in the forums. I don't know, if you are also officer in one of the categories, but either way: You are one of the waymarkers who deserve thanks. So I return the "Thank you" and hope that you will provide more interesting WMs in the future.

• Helpful 1
  • Love 1

Well said, not really unexpected, and Thank You, Andreas!!!

You (almost {I'm sure that hours of deep thought could unearth a situation to the contrary [though one just won't come to mind here and now (though that's not to say that such won't occur to me just after I click the Submit button {though that's actually unlikely})]}) always tend to say things deserving of a smiley from me! And here it is! -  :)

Now, anybody else willing to step up and put emojis into words?

:drama:

Keith

Edited by ScroogieII

I had not noticed this post until I read Keith's response. It must have been around the time when I unintentionally hit the "Mark site read" button after I returned from a few days in Paris. I sure missed a few other threads.

So better late than never, although Andreas already got it to the point. Thank you and everybody who brings something positive to this game.

• Helpful 1

When I saw this thread, I found it is very hard to write something on the topic without the feeling of being "clumsy with words". So I decided to just give it a positive reaction only.

Meanwhile I think, I should have written "Thank you and all the others of being a part of a great community" as I thinks that's what you all are.

Yours,

Erik.

• Helpful 1
12 hours ago, ScroogieII said:

And Thank You, FiGuy.

"Paris" - you lucky bugger! :D

Been many, many years since I've been there!!!! Mebbe again someday!!

Keith

I hope this will come true.

For me it is not that far. The direct trains from my hometown to the center of Paris have only about three hours. It still took 34 years since my last visit. Time, budget, family, you know...

Oh, and there was a strike on the day of the return. We were some of the few lucky ones who managed to get home with a route that only was 350 km longer and we only lost seven hours. The railway staff in Paris had no idea about that route. They just said: "Take a hotel and try again tomorrow, but we already know, that then we'll have to tell you to wait another day, because all connections are overbooked."

Edited by fi67
typo
  • Funny 1
  • Surprised 1
16 hours ago, fi67 said:

The railway staff in Paris had no idea about that route.

That reminds me of our visit to Paris many years ago. One day before we wanted to return home by train, we heard that they are on strike. There was ONE guy from the Railway company in the train station to give information about the trains that would go or not go. We (and a whole bunch of other people) asked him and he browsed through a pile of paper(!) and finally said: "No, it will not go. Please go to the ticket counter and ask for a ticket for a train that will go". So, we went to the counter and told them that we wanted to take the train x and now need a ticket for another train, because x will not go. And this guy did a quick search in his computer and finally said: "Nooooo, your train WILL go! Believe me! Don't trust our colleague at the info stand". The next day we arrived at the station with a queasy feeling, but fortunately our train was there. :-)