Release Notes (Adventure Lab®: Featured Adventures) - May 10, 2023

With today’s release, the Adventure Lab® team at Geocaching HQ has added a new ‘Featured Adventure’ icon to the Adventure Lab® app. This icon is very experimental and will only be visible on a limited number of partner Adventures at this time. 

Example of the Featured Adventure icon:

image.png

Erin (Oceansazul) is watching this thread to answer questions whenever possible.

Any posts in this thread should relate to features in this release. Comments unrelated to the release may be removed. Please direct unrelated comments to other appropriate threads. Thanks!

• Upvote 1

It looks, like that is very limited. In my hometown is also a sponsored cache by one of your partners, but it hasn't the new icon. But I see one in Seattle, so I got the update.

A new Icon for featured adventures is may a good thing, but what the community really wants are different icons for linear and not linear ALCs. To see that difference would be very useful for planning. 

• Helpful 2

What does "featured" mean?  Who decides whether an adventure reaches featured status and what criteria are involved?

At this time this looks like a solution in search of a problem.   Maybe, with time, things may become clearer but, at present, I'm bemused by the whole thing.

P.S. missed jokergil's post above.

Edited by Gill & Tony

No assumption needed:

On 5/11/2023 at 12:51 AM, Geocaching HQ said:

new ‘Featured Adventure’ icon [...] will only be visible on a limited number of partner Adventures

So: Featured labs are partner labs

And the partner AdventureLabs are labs that do not have to comply with commercial, indoor and payment guidelines.

Examples:

https://labs.geocaching.com/goto/005ae938-af99-4cd6-a1b0-8a836a02f09e

https://labs.geocaching.com/goto/1a07c6ce-3b84-4699-89a6-4b9f4bca73d7

Edited by HHL
  • Upvote 1
7 hours ago, Gill & Tony said:

"I assume" and "Probably" are fine, but not definitive.

It would be good to get an official, definitive answer.

You're right. What I meant, and what I should've written, was: "I hope..."

On 5/15/2023 at 10:52 AM, HHL said:

And the partner AdventureLabs are labs that do not have to comply with commercial, indoor and payment guidelines.

That's comparable to exceptions for partner geocaches.

However, indoor ALs seem like a really bad idea due to the difficulty of triggering the app in the right place. Especially because some buildings have practically no reception inside.

• Upvote 1