Seeing Corrected Coordinates

Let's say I want to hide a cache, but I want to view all the possible open locations by first looking at where all the existing caches are on the map.  I want to make sure that if I choose a spot, that it isn't already taken up by an unknown cache or multi.  I also don't want to email the reviewer to ask if a spot is open, and I really don't want to go hide something for it only to be proximity rejected later. 

All the puzzles and multis in the area I've solved, found and included final waypoints as corrected coordinates (let's ignore any stages of a multi for now). 

I seem to recall that I used to be able to run a Pocket Query and the map would show all of the caches at their corrected coordinates, but for some reason that doesn't seem to work for me any more.  All the unknown caches are still at the posted coordinates. 

How can I see the corrected coordinates for unknown caches on the map?

I think this has been suggested many times before, but a toggle on the browse map that switches between posted coordinates and corrected coordinates would be VERY helpful (and please make it sticky as I'd leave it on corrected coordinates forever, I don't care about geoart).  

• Upvote 1
  • Funny 1

If I recall from previous message is either asking the reviewer about a certain set of coordinates  or set up a new cache without publishing it so the coordinates are checked -- can be edited or deleted if needed due to response from reviewer.

8 minutes ago, Jayeffel said:

If I recall from previous message is either asking the reviewer about a certain set of coordinates  or set up a new cache without publishing it so the coordinates are checked -- can be edited or deleted if needed due to response from reviewer.

No, I don't want to do that though.  I'm looking in the hills/forest areas out of the city.  I don't have a specific place in mind - I'd much rather look at a map and get an understanding of roughly what locations are open for hides.  Taking a stab in the dark and getting a coordinate check of a random location is a waste of my time (and probably the reviewer's too) as looking at a map with corrected cache coordinates would solve my problem in 10 seconds. 

• Funny 1

If you don't mind resorting to a phone or tablet...  Some of the full-featured caching apps do this optionally, and can draw 161m circles around the caches as well.

The browse map on the website seems to be code-frozen.  Changes there are extremely rare, for reasons I can only guess at.