Free Splash Pads Category

I wanting input on a potential new category I am wanting to create called free splash pads. It's was denied many years ago. I have just taken over leadership of it from the previous leader as they are no longer interested in Waymarking. Thoughts? I can add a additional details if needed. I am hoping to make some progress. It's always been a dream of mine to have a category on Waymarking but it seems that is a hard thing to do.

It is a hard goal to pursue, but totally worth it if it passes. This seems line a idea to make a requirement-light category. It is either a splash pad or it isn't, that should be obvious from a photo. I don't know about the 'free' bit though, because the best ones might be in a theme park with an admission price.

10 hours ago, Smurffaaja said:

Haa! Had to Google what it is. :) Not a swimming thing or just waterslide. There used to be one on my home City.

Kai, I'd have thought that you and Freddie would be "Up In Arms" if there was one in "Your City", yet is no longer.

You need to petition the city council to have it reinstated and rebuilt, if only for Freddie's benefit!!! :lol: :) :D

Freddie-01.5.thumb.jpg.69235501a9e3da7af20c2604962276c2.jpg

FREDDIE

Keith

Edited by ScroogieII
20 minutes ago, ScroogieII said:

Kai, I'd have thought that you and Freddie would be "Up In Arms" if there was one in "Your City", yet is no longer.

You need to petition the city council to have it reinstated and rebuilt, if only for Freddie's benefit!!! :lol: :) :D

Keith

Our city officials decided to demolish this beautiful free splash mushroom. 

https://www.ts.fi/uutiset/5908161

For the next summer there is no joy for childrens. :) Or our Freddie dog.

14 hours ago, Christopher geertsen said:

I wanting input on a potential new category I am wanting to create called free splash pads. It's was denied many years ago. I have just taken over leadership of it from the previous leader as they are no longer interested in Waymarking. Thoughts? I can add a additional details if needed. I am hoping to make some progress. It's always been a dream of mine to have a category on Waymarking but it seems that is a hard thing to do.

Creating and launching a new category is an admirable, yet difficult and time consuming, dream to realize these days, Chris, especially if it is to be done properly and correctly.

I'm fully aware of the failure of the initial Splash Pads proposal and felt, back then, that it should have become successful, as I do today.

Though Splash Pads are currently accepted in two categories, Municipal Parks and Plazas, and Fountains, I have never been in favour of their acceptance in either. As such, I have always believed that Splash Pads is deserving of a separate and unique category.

I believe that Splash Pads should NEVER have been accepted in the Municipal Parks and Plazas category as they are distinctly different entities. With regard to the Fountains category, again the two are distinctly different, both in construction and intended purpose.

Though I realize we're rehashing "Old News" here, I remain, as have I always , in favour of Splash Pads' being afforded the unique and distinct category that it should have enjoyed for over a decade.

Keith

Edited by ScroogieII
  • Upvote 1
On 4/14/2023 at 9:03 PM, elyob said:

Ottawa has dozens of free splash pads.  However, photography at swimming facilities is not allowed.  Being a scruffy old man, taking photographs near playgrounds and splash pads draws too much negative attention.

I would empathize here that as yet we've had no issues photographing splash pads. I will add, though, that, for the most part, we've never bothered trying to photograph splash pads in anything but smaller communities. There, people generally aren't paranoid to the extent that more urban types are.

Also, choosing an appropriate time to do your photography would seem the best solution.

"Being a scruffy old man" - some (most?) days that describes yours truly to a TEE! :D

Keith

Edited by ScroogieII
  • Funny 1