MAp not working

jpanda97

The same behaviour here since a few hours - no map shown, only blank page on Desktop computer ,  browser firefox (newest version) and microsoft edge.

It is not nice to have no map when planning the eastern geocaching activities. I hope you will solve the problem asap.

In the geocaching app (on smartphone/tablet) the map works fine.

• Helpful 1

It seems that the maps only work on the website, when "Statistics" are allowed in the cookies for the website.

image.png.d72f37ec4fb0f8c7c3d3d01001a2fdd1.png

Otherwise the map keeps blank.

Same ploblem is for the quick searches on the first page, there also the cookies for "Statistics" is required, otherwise a blank site is shown

image.png.8749f0467679d4875c737cbfe55f39e2.png

Can you please allow the request when only "neccessary" cookies in the webbrowser are allowed?

Thanks

Sorglos02

• Helpful 3
5 hours ago, Nelia2410 said:

The same behaviour here since a few hours - no map shown, only blank page on Desktop computer ,  browser firefox (newest version) and microsoft edge.

It is not nice to have no map when planning the eastern geocaching activities. I hope you will solve the problem asap.

In the geocaching app (on smartphone/tablet) the map works fine.

The search map is gone for me as well, Chrome on Windows 11.  The Browse map works, and is the one I use most of the time anyway, so I hadn't noticed.  When I did try to open the search map, it gave me a blank page.  

5 hours ago, Sorglos02 said:

It seems that the maps only work on the website, when "Statistics" are allowed in the cookies for the website.

image.png.d72f37ec4fb0f8c7c3d3d01001a2fdd1.png

Otherwise the map keeps blank.

This seems to be the case, as I have just the necessary cookies enabled.  When I enable Statistics, the Search map appears.

Edited by CAVinoGal
  • Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, CAVinoGal said:

The search map is gone for me as well, Chrome on Windows 11.  The Browse map works, and is the one I use most of the time anyway, so I hadn't noticed.  When I did try to open the search map, it gave me a blank page.  

This seems to be the case, as I have just the necessary cookies enabled.  When I enable Statistics, the Search map appears.

Thank you. This was driving me crazy. Enabled statistics and I'm good to go for now. 

4 hours ago, THE CASTOFFS said:

Same thing happens with 'All cache finds' and 'All cache hides'. Anything to do with yesterday's downtime? Even more confusing for me as out service provider has been having multiple issues for the last couple of days. Thanks for the post.

Just discovered that I have to 'Allow All' cookies to get the caches on the map to open.

12 hours ago, THE CASTOFFS said:

And also if I don't 'Allow All' I don't get any headings (GEOCACHING, Play, Community, Shop) across the top of the map page. I believe this was happening a few weeks ago too.  I'll try again tomorrow. :)

Just had another play. Mine doesn't work as it used to unless I allow statistics and advertising which I find quite disappointing for a paid for account. Doesn't seem to care about preferences. As previously, unless these are checked I get no response from the cache icons on the map page, no headings on the map page and no entries when I try to look at all cache hides or all cache finds for a user. Win10 Pro, Google Chrome.

• Helpful 1
5 hours ago, THE CASTOFFS said:

Just had another play. Mine doesn't work as it used to unless I allow statistics and advertising which I find quite disappointing for a paid for account. Doesn't seem to care about preferences. As previously, unless these are checked I get no response from the cache icons on the map page, no headings on the map page and no entries when I try to look at all cache hides or all cache finds for a user. Win10 Pro, Google Chrome.

Same here, German Account.

But it works as usual if I allow two cookies: Statistics and Advertising.
A check mark for preferences is not necessary.

It's annoying that I have to allow these cookies even though I paid for Premium!

Besides, these restrictions have never existed before. :mad:

• Funny 1
  • Helpful 2

Working off the main menu on the left side of the Dashboard, it seems random which pages have the top menu bar visible, and which pages have a blank green bar.  Here's what I get:  (Highlighted links lead to a page with a blank green bar - the rest have the header correctly displayed)  Additionally, every cache page I visit has the blank green bar. The new Search map seems to work and has the header displayed.  The Browse map, my preferred map, is missing the header, and the individual caches are not clickable; I can't view cache pagesfrom the Browse map.

It also makes no difference whatever combination of cookies I select; the results are the same with Necessary only, all cookies, or any combination.

image.thumb.png.90eb918e87d9b35f2ddb13fbf721cd4a.png

• Helpful 2

At the risk of being repetitive...  If you just want the thing to work so you can go caching, find a way to block all access to cookiebot.com (via ad-blocker, firewall, HOSTS, NoScript, or whatever).  All cookie problems magically disappear.

Cookiebot is a store-bought solution to a government privacy rule.  It probably sounded great in the sales pitch, but it seems like today, people at GCHQ are working on a holiday thanks to problems with this "solution".  Godspeed noble frogs, and in the meantime, there's a workaround.

• Helpful 1
2 hours ago, Viajero Perdido said:

If you just want the thing to work so you can go caching, find a way to block all access to cookiebot.com (via ad-blocker, firewall, HOSTS, NoScript, or whatever).  All cookie problems magically disappear.

I have cookiebot.com blocked, it has been for a year or more when this came up previously.  And the Browse map headers, and non-clickable caches, as well as the header disappearing on certain pages happens regardless of my cookie settings.  Even allowing all, advertising too, doesn't seem to fix this.

Edited by CAVinoGal