Free Splash Pads

23 minutes ago, Marine Biologist said:

Hi, I'm not as active with Waymarking as I used to be, but I just noticed a new category titled Free Splash Pads in the grid.  I don't recall seeing it up for a vote, but I notice that no one has posted a waymark in it as of yet.  Is this truly a newly approved category or is it a glitch?  Anyone know?  

I don't know about that category but I've always put them in municipal parks. 

https://www.Waymarking.com/waymarks/wmZ82C_Southern_Woods_Splash_Pad_Stillwater_OK

On 3/12/2023 at 12:48 PM, wayfrog said:

Hiccup. :laughing:

This was my category that I just took leadership of. I am upset that it became a category and I reviewed the first waymark in it and now Groundspeak has decided to decline the first waymark posted to it and then all of a sudden not make it a category anymore. I know many years ago it was declined as a category group but I have just recently taken over leadership and have wanted this to become a category. Makes me mad that Groundspeak made it a category and now is reversing there decision already including the one waymark I reviewed in the category.

• Funny 1

This was my category that I just took leadership of. I am upset that it became a category and I reviewed the first waymark in it and now Groundspeak has decided to decline the first waymark posted to it and then all of a sudden not make it a category anymore. I know many years ago it was declined as a category group but I have just recently taken over leadership and have wanted this to become a category. Makes me mad that Groundspeak made it a category and now is reversing there decision already including the one waymark I reviewed in the category.

• Funny 1
On 3/10/2023 at 12:52 PM, Marine Biologist said:

Hi, I'm not as active with Waymarking as I used to be, but I just noticed a new category titled Free Splash Pads in the grid.  I don't recall seeing it up for a vote, but I notice that no one has posted a waymark in it as of yet.  Is this truly a newly approved category or is it a glitch?  Anyone know?  

Please refer to my comment above.

• Surprised 1
On 3/14/2023 at 9:54 AM, Christopher geertsen said:

Hiccup = Glitch

Unfortunately for yourself, the system experienced a glitch, thereby somehow inadvertently sending said category to the Category Master List. It was certainly NOT a case of Groundspeak's "making" it a category. Therefore, there was no "decision" to be reversed.

I'm sorry that that happened to you, but you must understand that The System is susceptible to the occasional hiccup, which is just what happened in this case.

Unfortunately, today Splash Pad Waymarks have been accepted in the Fountains category for quite some time so there's now no need of a separate, distinct, Splash Pads category. In recent times the community has come to frown upon new categories which are wholly redundant with an established category, leaving your Splash Pads now an unwanted orphan.

Sad, but true!

BTW, believing, as the result of experience, accompanied by a smidgen of knowledge, that the Splash Pads category which suddenly appeared in the Category Master List was, indeed, a glitch, I submitted a Waymark to the category in the hope of bringing it to the attention of the Powers That Be, which it did. Mine may have been the first, or the fifteenth, submission which was denied by said Powers That Be. I have no way of knowing which, as all previous denied submissions, should they have existed, would not have been viewable by myself.

In any event, Chris, there's no need to let what transpired here bother you! Just Keep on Waymarking :) and Having Fun:)

Keith

Edited by ScroogieII