Wherigo - unable to edit listing

gjhimages

After finishing editing a Cartridge I get an error code. Therefore I am unable to edit the Short Description, Long Description, Author Name, Cartridge Type nor any of the edit fields.  Luckily the Long Description was uploaded while uploading the GWZ. I have tried it in Safari and Chrome with the same results. It appears that there is a broken link in the programing. I receive this Error:  

image.png.0c1cf497604bcff85c32734e8aefab30.png

Yesterday I was able to successfully upload the cartridge, but I am not able to edit its details, i.e. country, state, etc. I am also not able to make it visible and searchable. I get this error message as shown at the top of this page upon clicking "Edit Details".

What is worse, I am not able to edit ANY of my previously uploaded cartridges, and I had no problems editing them before. Even with line breaks in the description, I was able to clean them up in "Edit Details", so this was not an issue.

Going back to the most recent cartridge I uploaded yesterday - cleaning any line breaks in the description (I use urwigo), building the cartridge and uploading it again, didn't help.

Any help is welcome. Thank you.

I have not been able to upload my cartridge's for several days.  The cartridge is a cookie cutter that has be uploaded previously without any problems.  Following message is received.

Upload a Cartridge GWZ File

Error Occurred

An unknown error occurred

The problem is deeper than code in the cartridge.  I have checked with a previously OK upload and it now gives the same error.  I have 35 previous uploads of this same cartridge.  All the same apart from the coordinates used in the zones.   There is no html in these cartridges. 

I received the same message from HQ.  No Wherigo support available.

Does anyone have a link for the Wherigo tech forum?

Thanks.

I hate to disappoint you, @Freddo, but THIS here is the Wherigo tech forum, here. Groundspeak has left Wherigo.com off as-is in 2008, so we are on our own... :(((.

All - the good thing is, once you provide a link to your downloaded cartridge on your geocache page, it is downloadable form there and playable, at least on my Android phone. 

3 hours ago, DeborahVanDerLinden said:

That's bad, because I have to archive one of my geocaches. I want to deactivate the cartridge, but that doesn't work any more. Is there no support at all for the website?

Apparently, there isn't. If you look at other Wherigo topics on the forum, you'll see it.

https://forums.geocaching.com/GC/index.php?/forum/62-Wherigo/

There will be no improvements, whatsoever, I don't know, if they are planning to fix, what it has broken now.

I have found that regardless of error messages cartridges do upload, and if you provide a link to the GUID then the uploaded cartridges are in fact visible and downloadable as .gwc to players. 

https://www.Wherigo.com/cartridge/details.aspx?CGUID=4690cdb0-a7e0-4e4f-a2db-b5b739a94229

https://www.Wherigo.com/cartridge/details.aspx?CGUID=b2224375-59a3-4a97-8578-ddedfbc1a29b

I think that lets me get my two new whereigos in for review.

Cindy.  Please note the response from contact at GC was that there was no technical support available for Wherigo.  Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

11 hours ago, Frau Potter said:

Thank you for reporting this problem with editing Wherigo cartridges. We have notified the engineering team. 

Awesome! Thank you very much, Cindy, for taking time to look into it. I appreciate it a lot and I am pretty sure people on the forum will as well.
Best Regards,
TeamGMMP

Sometimes it errors out, when I hit "save details" button, so what I do is one entry at a time, i.e.:

- Author Name -> Save,

- Company Name -> Save,

- Description - remove these pesky <BR>'s -> Save.

- Country -> Save,

- State/Province -> Save.

etc.

If there is an error, while hitting "Save" especially after hitting "Save" for the first time, I return to it without problems and start over or continue as shown above.

Thank you, 

TeamGMMP

Just now, TeamGMMP said:

Sometimes it errors out, when I hit "save details" button, so what I do is one entry at a time, i.e.:

- Author Name -> Save,

- Company Name -> Save,

- Description - remove these pesky <BR>'s -> Save.

- Country -> Save,

- State/Province -> Save.

etc.

If there is an error, while hitting "Save" especially after hitting "Save" for the first time, I return to it without problems and start over or continue as shown above.

Thank you, 

TeamGMMP

But I can live with it, just to be clear :))). 

On 1/2/2023 at 11:16 PM, Freddo said:

Upload a Cartridge GWZ File

Error Occurred

An unknown error occurred

I am also getting this error message today while trying to upload a new version of my cartridge.

Is there maybe a size limit for the cartridge? My cartidge is about ~25MB... Mainly because of many images and sounds.

It is a bigger story that I have been working on for 3 years. Unfortunately, I had not uploaded any versions in between.