Copper/metal tags for multi caches

I was thinking if hiding my own multi cache soon with a few waypoints. I've seen a few multi caches with tags before, but can't find any online, can someone send to a link to somewhere that sells them? This can include tags for trees, although I probably won't place one of those unless I can find a tree that I would be able to put one on 

14 minutes ago, geotracters said:

I was thinking if hiding my own multi cache soon with a few waypoints. I've seen a few multi caches with tags before, but can't find any online, can someone send to a link to somewhere that sells them? This can include tags for trees, although I probably won't place one of those unless I can find a tree that I would be able to put one on 

Here are sources that I found by searching for "copper plant tags":

https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop/garden/planting/labelling-and-marking/10459-copper-plant-tags?item=AN101

https://www.shovelandhoe.com/Copper_Plant_Tags_p/775.htm

https://www.missionhillsnursery.com/product/rapiclip-4-inch-copper-garden-plant-tags-20-pack/

• Helpful 1
19 minutes ago, niraD said:

Thanks! Also, after I get the tags, how do I imprint the numbers on them?

18 minutes ago, geotracters said:

Thanks! Also, after I get the tags, how do I imprint the numbers on them?

A fast way to mark metal is with an engraver tool such as this.  There are also hand-held "scribes" to scratch letters and numbers, that don't use electrical power.

There are also metal stamps which require extra equipment, and that gets expensive.  And it takes practice to make suitable marks.  I use stamping tools for items that I want to look nice, because I have terrible handwriting. :anicute:

• Surprised 1
  • Helpful 1
32 minutes ago, geotracters said:

Also, after I get the tags, how do I imprint the numbers on them?

Many can be embossed with a regular ballpoint pen.

If you're concerned about illegible handwriting, then just slow down and write the way your teacher told you to when you were a kid. Google "preschool writing guide" for examples.

• Helpful 1
34 minutes ago, kunarion said:

A fast way to mark metal is with an engraver tool such as this.  There are also hand-held "scribes" to scratch letters and numbers, that don't use electrical power.

Tried clicking on the link and it just sent me back to here. Perhaps you put the wrong link?

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1

I use copper plant tags for multi stages, usually with a preform near. This doubles the odds of finding a stage.  

Tags and inexpensive 9 piece stamp set from Amazon. Ii have seen tags in a big box store garden center. 

Stamp set as 9  pieces as a single stamp is used for  6 and 9 - a person needs to be carefully NOT dyslexic when using this  ;-)

https://www.amazon.com/Edward-Tools-Steel-Number-Stamps/dp/B08W2C5BJC/ref=psdc_sfl_8090814011_t0_B08W2C5BJC

This is not the set i have, which I bought years ago, but it's similar.

The wires on the copper tags are  too fine. Over time, they'll flex  and fail, so replace

plant tag opreform.jpg

Recently i found a multi where   tags had been cut from aluminum cans  and stamped. Given the $6 price for the a stamp set, sure made for an inexpensive way to get this done.  Sharp edges on those things, though the average adult can work that out ;-)  Looked like CO had taped the edges, but you know how that went after a year outdoors

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1