New Caching Concept

The 2 Dogs

I have submitted a new cache at Geocaching.com that has whipped up a bit of a stir. It involves a new concept to the game that almost certainly will be followed by a wave of similar ideas. Because of this the cache approval has been held over by geocaching admin for their discussion.

When and if the cache is approved I would like to get some opinions on the concept from other geocachers.

It's called Picture This. (1) The riverbank.

One example of new concepts was the virtual or locationless cache. Virtual caching has taken the sport in a direction that many, including the administrator, seem to feel it should not have gone . So Geocaching.com are right in being cautious of any new ideas that come along.

My idea is not virtual but does invovle more homework and a little less reliance on the GPS unit.

Anyway see what you think.

Hounddog.

That looks pretty neat and I think there shouldn't be a problem with anything like this as long as you need a GPS to get to the final cache. The only question I have is if you don't know the area and have no idea where the picture was taken, is your only option to drive all over until you see it?

smiles_63.gif ---Real men cache in shorts.

Great idea, We thought about something similar, since vandalism icon_eek.gifis a real problem in my home own, stashes are often removed, stolen, broken, icon_frown.gif so we have to check our cache quite often.

So your idea may help us in the future to create caches to do not need so much maintenance.

icon_razz.gif bye

hello