Sports Museums

On 3/12/2022 at 6:48 PM, r.e.s.t.seekers said:

We're wondering if there would be enough Sport related museums to propose this as a Category.  I'm not sure how to research this sort of thing.

For some reason the community decided that everything is a history museum, no matter what. Exceptions made for science museums and little more. It's an old problem. Oh well. As a historian and a former museum curator I find this approach very sad. 

Edited by Torgut
On 10/5/2022 at 7:57 AM, Torgut said:

For some reason the community decided that everything is a history museum, no matter what. Exceptions made for science museums and little more. It's an old problem. Oh well. As a historian and a former museum curator I find this approach very sad. 

At present there are no fewer than 12 museums categories, not counting History Museums. I see nothing wrong with the addition of a Sports Museum category, provided that there are sufficient to flesh out a category beyond a couple dozen entries.

My only concern here is that, in this part of the world, at least, Sports Museums tend to be, instead, Sports Halls of Fame. To date, I simply can't recall having encountered an actual Sports Museum, except those within the confines of a traditional History Museum.

Keith