Anyone else having a (country) problem with Photo Goals?

This thread reminded me of a problem I have with Photo Goals. I once fulfilled a Photo Goal that T0SHEA published in British Columbia, Canada: Eat Pie on Pi Day. Since that day, the maps tab on my profile page says that I visited one WM in Canada, although I have never been to Canada so far. Sounds like a typical first-world-problem, but since that day I think about visiting Canada, just to get rid of that "error".

I once had a similar problem with a travelling cache (GC4C35) from the UK, that I visited during the Giga event in Munich, Germany in 2014. I even earned the UK-souvenir for that. Fortunately, we visited Scotland in 2018 and found several caches there, and therefore the souvenir is now justified.

I would like to know, if someone else is having similar "problems". Also, if you have avoided particular photo goals, because they are situated in a country that you haven't visited yet, I would like to hear that. Or more general: What you think about my "problem" (other than "Come to Canada and get rid of it"). :D

Those categories that you say are that "problem".
Photo goals, the truth is, like ISS Satellite.
Blogs and municipal flags, because the first one you can even publish without a photo (I didn't do it, my blog posts have photos of my visits, as I did an entry in a forum here).
But not only that, there are categories that I have not been able to deny as a brand creator because they do not ask for a visit photo such as wikipedia or news article, among others.
Those that do not require a mandatory photo visit, the fault lies with the creators of the categories, who do not change this. Other things are in a hurry to change them, but not that, they won't be interested.-
From my point of view, everything should require a correct photo: post and visit.

• Upvote 2
10 hours ago, PISA-caching said:

This thread reminded me of a problem I have with Photo Goals. I once fulfilled a Photo Goal that T0SHEA published in British Columbia, Canada: Eat Pie on Pi Day. Since that day, the maps tab on my profile page says that I visited one WM in Canada, although I have never been to Canada so far. Sounds like a typical first-world-problem, but since that day I think about visiting Canada, just to get rid of that "error".

I once had a similar problem with a travelling cache (GC4C35) from the UK, that I visited during the Giga event in Munich, Germany in 2014. I even earned the UK-souvenir for that. Fortunately, we visited Scotland in 2018 and found several caches there, and therefore the souvenir is now justified.

I would like to know, if someone else is having similar "problems". Also, if you have avoided particular photo goals, because they are situated in a country that you haven't visited yet, I would like to hear that. Or more general: What you think about my "problem" (other than "Come to Canada and get rid of it"). :D

Ahhhhhhhhhhh - I fail to appreciate your problem, there Andreas. I have Waymarks in countries I have yet to visit. I sort of tend to side with Becktracker here, in that if I'm credited with a "Country" I've not visited, I find it difficult to take issue. One caveat, for me, at least, is that I have Waymarks in countries in Europe that I HAVE visited, just many decades before Waymarking came to being.

Wish I could help you with your problem, Andreas, but, short of REALLY, REALLY coming to Canada and hanging out here in BC for a bit :D, I got nothing to offer!!! :wacko:

Keith 

Edited by ScroogieII